Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes i get so pissed i want to walk out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Even just for a couple hours. But I feel bad leaving like that because of my kids. I know they can tell I'm upset and I don't want them to think it's their fault, and I really don't like missing bedtime routines. Does anyone understand? I'm so angry at Dh (things are not going well about 80% of the time in our marriage) I can hardly stand being in the same house with him. I could just go out for 30 minutes or something but thats not always enough time to cool off. I have a broken foot, or I'd go for a walk.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nashville27
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:40 PM
I feel like that not often when I do I tell him why I'm pissed and tell him to say sorry lol and then say next time handle it differently lol. It's like having another kid sometimes. But if it's 80% of the time you need to communicate with him and tell him what bothers you. Communication goes very far. Don't be passive about it let him know.
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:41 PM
If kids can probably sense the tension already. That is not good for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:54 PM
I think it's worse for your kids that you stay when 80% of the time you can't stand him. They can tell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:55 PM

I can understand.  I'm going through that right now.  I've told my husband why I'm irritated or flat out angry and it doesn't change.  It's his family interfering, again, and he's allowing it.  I can only be so pissed off at them when he won't put a stop to it.

What is going on with your husband?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Your kids already know. Taking some time for yourself will help everyone and make it better overall.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:57 PM
Oh, he knows.

Quoting nashville27: I feel like that not often when I do I tell him why I'm pissed and tell him to say sorry lol and then say next time handle it differently lol. It's like having another kid sometimes. But if it's 80% of the time you need to communicate with him and tell him what bothers you. Communication goes very far. Don't be passive about it let him know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:00 PM
He has no follow through, on important things like his job, which impacts our health insurance, which I need and will continue to need for years. He lies about stupid stuff too, which just gets under my skin. I just don't like him very much right now.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I can understand.  I'm doing through that right now.  I've told my husband why I'm irritated or flat out angry and it doesn't change.  It's his family interfering, again, and he's allowing it.  I can only be so pissed off at them when he won't put a stop to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:10 PM

I'm sorry.  I don't blame you.  He should be a mature adult and get that taken care of but it doesn't surprise me because I have one that is similar.  Mine even lies about stupid things too.  The last time I called him out on it and he knew he was caught.  I just walked out of the room because at 34, that should have stopped years ago. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: He has no follow through, on important things like his job, which impacts our health insurance, which I need and will continue to need for years. He lies about stupid stuff too, which just gets under my skin. I just don't like him very much right now.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

I can understand.  I'm doing through that right now.  I've told my husband why I'm irritated or flat out angry and it doesn't change.  It's his family interfering, again, and he's allowing it.  I can only be so pissed off at them when he won't put a stop to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:31 PM
Mine is 45. It will never stop. Sometimes I wonder if there are actual grown up men out there who either do what they're supposed to do so they don't have any reason to lie, or even who do lie occcasionally to avoid an argument, but who genuinely feel badly about doing that so they come clean right away and only lie once a year or something...He has a decent job..he really wants to know my opinion on things, and asks for it, and has an intelligent discussion on the topic..he might enjoy sports but he would never miss Easter brunch in order to go to his fantasy draft...family time is important and meaningful to him..He is clean and never picks his nose..bwahaha...I'm cracking myself up..oh god..Now I'm sad.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'm sorry.  I don't blame you.  He should be a mature adult and get that taken care of but it doesn't surprise me because I have one that is similar.  Mine even lies about stupid things too.  The last time I called him out on it and he knew he was caught.  I just walked out of the room because at 34, that should have stopped years ago. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: He has no follow through, on important things like his job, which impacts our health insurance, which I need and will continue to need for years. He lies about stupid stuff too, which just gets under my skin. I just don't like him very much right now.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I have no hope of mine ever not lying.  I used to wonder if there decent men in the world who don't lie and keep it together.  We have intelligent conversations then he does stupid things financially, loan money to someone who won't pay it back, buy a house that is twice we can comfortable afford in a town with a ridiculous cost of living, etc.  I'm tired of it all.  His crazy mother is just the icing on the cake.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Mine is 45. It will never stop. Sometimes I wonder if there are actual grown up men out there who either do what they're supposed to do so they don't have any reason to lie, or even who do lie occcasionally to avoid an argument, but who genuinely feel badly about doing that so they come clean right away and only lie once a year or something...He has a decent job..he really wants to know my opinion on things, and asks for it, and has an intelligent discussion on the topic..he might enjoy sports but he would never miss Easter brunch in order to go to his fantasy draft...family time is important and meaningful to him..He is clean and never picks his nose..bwahaha...I'm cracking myself up..oh god..Now I'm sad.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)