Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is some really CRAPPY s*** I HAD to do to my stepkids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 349 Replies

I have been with my dh for almost five years now.  He has two children.  The children are always respectful to me, but they are never hot nor cold...just luke warm.  That is fine with me, they have a mom and a dad I am just dad's wife.  I am good to them and treat them well but beyond that I force nothing.

Lately the 15-year-old girl has gotten snippy with her dad. Hey, not my kid not my problem.

Well they ended up getting into a heated argument and she yells "maybe if you had never had an affair with the homewrecker we'd still be a family"

Wait. WHAT? I didn't meet dh until their divorce was FINAL!

Dh asks her where in the world did she get that idea from and of course

BM!

I sat down with both of them and showed them I had not even met their dad when they divorced and then I did the unthinkable...I was just so mad (insert you are blah blah blah here)

I showed them their own mother's engagement announcement...in it her then fiance talks about how, where and WHEN they met....well, they were not only were dh and her still married BUT LIVING TOGETHER

so it was her that cheated. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:05 PM
6 moms liked this

That is some petty shit right there.  Should have stuck to butting out.

momma2mms
by Kristin on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:05 PM
13 moms liked this
It's fine to defend yourself, but you didn't have to down their mother in the process. Don't stoop to her level.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:07 PM
23 moms liked this

my reputation is important to me and no way was I going to have them believe for the rest of their lives that is why their marriage broke up

Quoting corticosteroid:

cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:07 PM
47 moms liked this

I think the BM brought it on herself by slandering your relationship with your husband. At least the 15 year old is old enough to hear the truth I don't know how old the other child is. Now she can go take it up with her mother, and hopefully she can move forward on her ill feelings towards you and her dad

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:07 PM
And how did that go? What kind of a reaction did you get?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:08 PM

That is truly laughable.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

my reputation is important to me and no way was I going to have them believe for the rest of their lives that is why their marriage broke up

Quoting corticosteroid:

MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:08 PM
6 moms liked this
I would have defended myself but not sure I would have pointed out BM was actually the cheater. I realize she did that but two wrongs don't make a right.

My dd's father tells our dd way too much and has painted me in a bad light at times. He's such a hypocrite too. Smh I always explain things on my end but never throw her dad under the bus. As much as I'd like to at times...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

hindsight

Quoting momma2mms: It's fine to defend yourself, but you didn't have to down their mother in the process. Don't stoop to her level.

leegirl_jm
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand, I guess the best thing would be to just clear your name and not tell the truth about Mom but that is Mom's own fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

oh, i didn't point it out but the point wasn't lost on them

Quoting MamaBear131716: I would have defended myself but not sure I would have pointed out it was actually the cheater. I realize she did that but two wrongs don't make a right. My dd's father tells our dd way too much and has painted me in a bad light at times. He's such a hypocrite too. Smh I always explain things on my end but never throw her dad under the bus. As much as I'd like to at times...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)