Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop giving me nasty looks for parking in a handicap spot.

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:13 PM
  • 171 Replies
3 moms liked this
Well I am 27 and have had a handicap license plate since I was 19. I get horrible looks all the time and have even had people come up to me and yell at me.
I have hip problems, have had three hip surgeries the last being a total hip replacement and I need my other one replaced now.
I also have a disease called Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and is causes peripheral neuropathy and because of that I have high arches and foot drop.
Today I got my first pair of AFO'S (ankle foot orthotics).
So if I'm wearing something that shows my braces my be I won't get yelled at anymore lol.
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You will. My dad was yelled at when he was clearly on chemo for aggressive colon cancer. He was 58 and didn't look old enough, I guess. He stopped using it and it would take him like 15 minutes just to walk the 100 feet to tge store.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:17 PM
K
DragonGirl319
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:17 PM
10 moms liked this
If you have a handicap license then people need to shut up. That's just rude.
Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:17 PM
I'm sorry that sucks!
I just don't get people.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You will. My dad was yelled at when he was clearly on chemo for aggressive colon cancer. He was 58 and didn't look old enough, I guess. He stopped using it and it would take him like 15 minutes just to walk the 100 feet to tge store.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:18 PM

I hear ya, I deal with it too.

I'm young with three young children that pop out of the back seat. I too have foot drop but it was from multiple, unsuccessful back surgeries. 

I get people that come up and look at my license plate for the handicap symbol.  I'm glad that they do.  I'd rather someone tell a person who does not have a handicap plate or placard to move it so someone who does can move in.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:18 PM
It happens....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

It is so sad the way society has become.

The reality is society has actually become like the internet. That is why the "it's just the internet" excuse that is said so many times on here , has no merit anymore.

Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Mobile Photo

They will take a while to get used to but at least I won't trip lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:20 PM
Yes they do. He could hardly walk. It was only on very good days that he even left the house and people were assholes and made him not want to leave the house again.

Quoting Ber-Lynn: I'm sorry that sucks!
I just don't get people.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You will. My dad was yelled at when he was clearly on chemo for aggressive colon cancer. He was 58 and didn't look old enough, I guess. He stopped using it and it would take him like 15 minutes just to walk the 100 feet to tge store.
Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:22 PM
Yea I am fine if they don't say anything and look for it, but after they see it to start yelling is crazy lol. I have been yelled at in front of my child. That is when it really bugs me. If I am by myself it depends on the day on my response.

Quoting Elyce225:

I hear ya, I deal with it too.

I'm young with three young children that pop out of the back seat. I too have foot drop but it was from multiple, unsuccessful back surgeries. 

I get people that come up and look at my license plate for the handicap symbol.  I'm glad that they do.  I'd rather someone tell a person who does not have a handicap plate or placard to move it so someone who does can move in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)