Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please send your thought and prayers to my mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Last week she was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. The cancer has spread to her spine and lymph nodes (we actually only found out because she was having back pain and stopped being able to move her legs, and a walnut size tumor was found in her spine). She is paralyzed from the waist down, and it may be permanent. Doctors are giving her 6 months to live without treatment, and a year at best with treatment. We're hoping she gets a second opinion, and we still aren't sure what she will choose about the treatment.

I'm so heartbroken. I can't imagine losing my mom. I'm also very angry that a woman who never lit a cigarette in her life is now dying from lung cancer. Please pray for a miracle, because at this point she needs one.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PeppermintyTea
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:21 PM
I'm sorry. My father was also very recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, and seemed to be completely healthy so it was also unexpected. I've found some good online support groups, and one on one mentor programs that I can share with you if you think they might be a helpful resource. Best wishes to you, and your mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2016 at 1:15 AM
Thank you for the kind words. I'm working on getting a counselor that I can see to help me learn to cope with it, or at the very least have somebody to vent and cry to aside from my husband and siblings. I'm definitely struggling with this. I'm so close with my mom, and I feel like I'm way too young to lose her.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: I'm sorry. My father was also very recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, and seemed to be completely healthy so it was also unexpected. I've found some good online support groups, and one on one mentor programs that I can share with you if you think they might be a helpful resource. Best wishes to you, and your mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)