Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I still can't believe this happened

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
For the last six years or so, my husband and I have a standing date with two other couples on the last Tuesday of each month. We've missed a few, but by and large we always go and have a great time. 9 times out of 10, we go to the bar that my brother owns.

We went last night. I'm 39 weeks pregnant, I'm due this Saturday, and yes, I had a few drinks. I had a delicious strawberry daiquiri and then a mango margarita. They were both zero proof. They look like regular drinks.

We're having a great time, laughing, talking, I'm enjoying my second drink, having fun and really enjoying myself, and this woman who had been sitting at the bar with her male companion walked past us. I don't know how long she'd been there but apparently a while. She says to me, "What a disgusting human being you are. You can't even quit drinking to protect your baby. This is why kids shouldn't be having kids."

Now, I'm 28. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since we started trying to get pregnant, and I've never, ever had anyone say anything like that. I was total speechless, as were my husband and our friends and the woman just left, but wow. I still can't believe she actually did that.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Probably because this never happened
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Probably because this never happened

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:29 PM
If I read this on here, I would probably think the same thing, so I don't blame you. hell, it happened to me and I honestly am still shocked at this woman's comments.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Probably because this never happened
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:30 PM
People just make assumptions but she should have minded her own business. Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM
Zero proof? What's that?

Do you mean like virgin drinks?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM
Yeah, no alcohol.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Zero proof? What's that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting bluebunnybabe: People just make assumptions but she should have minded her own business. Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Well then how can you be shocked at what that woman told you?

You're very pregnant... in a bar... drinking alcoholic beverages with no alcohol.....

What do you expect?

Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, no alcohol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't expect a random woman to make rude, inappropriate comments that she no business making.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well then how can you be shocked at what that woman told you?

You're very pregnant... in a bar... drinking alcoholic beverages with no alcohol.....

What do you expect?

Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this
You set yourself up for it, to be totally honest.

I mean... c'mon... pregnant woman sitting in a bar drinking what appears to be an alcoholic beverage to other people.... hahahaha

You put yourself in a position to be told, so I'd get over it if I were you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't expect a random woman to make rude, inappropriate comments that she no business making.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well then how can you be shocked at what that woman told you?

What do you expect?

Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)