Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What an idiot.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I'm 16 weeks pregnant with twins and we told my in laws today that we're having two babies instead of one.

I never in a million years imagined this ending up being an issue, but my mother in law started right in. She asked what fertility issues I had and what we used. I was surprised, but told her nothing, and no issues. She spent 10 minutes telling me I was lying, that twins don't run in families and it's too big a coincidence that I'm a twin and having twins so we have to have used something.

Her next thing was that I was lying about having twins, because when twins do run in families, they skip a generation so I can't have twins, because I am a twin.

I ended up walking out and told her if she thinks I'm lying about the twins, well, she doesn't have to ever see them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeHope
by Jade on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:30 PM
She is an idiot, but you'd be surprised by how many people have crazy ides about twins. I'm a twin, my mother is a twin, and my twin sister has a set of twins, we've all run into our share of silly comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:32 PM
In my case, most people don't even realize I'm a twin because I have a twin brother and we don't look alike at all.

Quoting JadeHope: She is an idiot, but you'd be surprised by how many people have crazy ides about twins. I'm a twin, my mother is a twin, and my twin sister has a set of twins, we've all run into our share of silly comments.
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM
There are just way too many stupid people and your MIL is one of them.
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM
Maybe she was in denial? Jealous? Stupid?
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:34 PM
Oh man. Good luck with that ridiculousness. But congratulations on the twins. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:35 PM
I guess, but damn! we've had our issues in the past, I just never thought something as joyful as us having two babies would cause issues.

Quoting andreamarie: There are just way too many stupid people and your MIL is one of them.
Anonymous
I think stupid.

Quoting TexanMomOf6: Maybe she was in denial? Jealous? Stupid?
Anonymous
1 mom liked this

Quoting JTE11: Oh man. Good luck with that ridiculousness. But congratulations on the twins. :)
karlie2
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:36 PM
My best friend is an identical twin.
She had identical twin girls as well.
It happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Identical twins are just coincidence, but yeah, it does happen. I'm a fraternal twin and my twins are most likely fraternal as well.

Quoting karlie2: My best friend is an identical twin.
She had identical twin girls as well.
It happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)