Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
TLDR at bottom.
Dh was out running back and forth between automotive shops to get his truck fixed. He's a white, pretty tan boy from Kentucky. On his way home he came up an S curved on ramp and a car was stalled in the worst possible spot with a young black guy behind the wheel freaking out. Dh pulled off, parked and got out and started pushing this kid's car before he got nailed by oncoming traffic. Finally 2 other men jumped out and helped and one guy in a box truck blocked the road. One guy was black and in a business suit. The other, dh said looked like maybe he was a trash guy or something, also black. They got him just past the dangerous spot and everyone left, except dh. He went to make sure and get this kid some help. The cops eventually came to help and they pushed his car.
Now, in the meantime dh said both the guys that helped push, and the cops asked him wth he was doing in that neighborhood. It's not the best neighborhood and yes it is predominantly black. Dh saw someone needing help and helped and at leas 5 people were just shocked he got out of his vehicle when he was probably the only white person for 10 miles either direction.
How crazy is that? The fact that so many were shocked to see a white guy help a black kid in a rough neighborhood?

Tldr: white dh helped black kid in black neighborhood and all people were shocked.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:14 PM
Lol love the tldr
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM
Lol!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol love the tldr
liza44
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:19 PM
Lol, I like the summary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:20 PM
Thanks!

Quoting liza44: Lol, I like the summary.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:20 PM
The tldr was fantastic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Given the violence that a certain republican candidate is encouraging towards black people, I understand their shock. Especially if your husband has a Kentucky accent.

Reverse the situation, though, and put a black man in a white neighborhood, helping a white kid, and they'd have him on the ground in handcuffs until they could "get to the bottom of it".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:34 PM
Maybe in other areas, but around here not really. People were just shocked a white guy risked his safety in such a neighborhood. Our neighborhood isn't even predominantly white, but in the neighborhoods that are, they'd shake his hand and tell him to have a nice day. I've seen it plenty of times it's just the media doesn't report the shot they should be. It's sad.
His accent only kicks in early in the morning and when he hadn't slept for a few days. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Given the violence that a certain republican candidate is encouraging towards black people, I understand their shock. Especially if your husband has a Kentucky accent.

Reverse the situation, though, and put a black man in a white neighborhood, helping a white kid, and they'd have him on the ground in handcuffs until they could "get to the bottom of it".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:35 PM
Why thank you. I was pretty happy with it. Lol

Quoting Lillibella: The tldr was fantastic.
angl_mama35
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:40 PM

ur hubby is awesome

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:44 PM
Aw thank you. He really is. I could write a 3 page story on his kindness, generosity, and willingness to help other people. It's something I admire about him and I have learned to look for opportunities to do the same now that I've been married to him.

Quoting angl_mama35:

ur hubby is awesome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)