Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suspended for being sick

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
I never call out of work.. Even when I should. Got a cold, I go in.. In the hospital with a kidney stone, I go in the very same day. Last time I was released at 4am.. I was at work at 7am.. I never call out, work 6 days a week...

I came down with the flu. The I can't get out of bed, fever won't break, crying into my pillow I'm dying flu.

I had to call out. I got yelled at. I was in bed for 3 days.. I told my boss that I'm playing each morning by ear.. As soon as I wake up not feeling like death I will be in. He yelled again and then suspended me with out pay for a week.

I'm so angry. I bend over backwards for them.. Never complain never take off .. And this is how he treats me..
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:27 PM
Wow, that's terrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:27 PM
What an asshole
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:28 PM
Circulate your resume? Sounds like it's time to get out of there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:28 PM
Maybe you should look for another job . I would . Do it quietly , don't let anyone know. It's important to have a reasonably decent boss you can trust .
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:31 PM

He's a prick. 

JadeHope
by Jade on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:31 PM
Take it to HR with the policy and your track record at the company, if you can access it.

Also, look for another job. You just want to make sure you aren't terminated and that you get paid and no negative action is taken against you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:33 PM
We are a small company.. I am hr. I'm the book keeper office manager dispatcher and corporate liaison .. It's my boss who is the owner.. Me and our ground crew

Quoting JadeHope: Take it to HR with the policy and your track record at the company, if you can access it.

Also, look for another job. You just want to make sure you aren't terminated and that you get paid and no negative action is taken against you.
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:35 PM
I'd be looking for a new job. Small companies suck to work for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:38 PM
If you are hr, is what he's doing legal?

Quoting 2lilanklebiters: We are a small company.. I am hr. I'm the book keeper office manager dispatcher and corporate liaison .. It's my boss who is the owner.. Me and our ground crew

Quoting JadeHope: Take it to HR with the policy and your track record at the company, if you can access it.

2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:45 PM
No.. It's not.

Quoting Anonymous 5: If you are hr, is what he's doing legal?

Quoting 2lilanklebiters: We are a small company.. I am hr. I'm the book keeper office manager dispatcher and corporate liaison .. It's my boss who is the owner.. Me and our ground crew

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)