Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you hear about this? 3 first graders plot to kill classmate with poison

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

OMG!

First-graders accused of plotting to poison classmate

3 Alaska students planned to use silica gel to poison classmate’s lunch, report says

Overlooked detail: Gel packets said ‘do not consume’ but were not poisonous

Police investigated and declined to file charges

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article69030592.html#fmp#storylink=cpy
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:04 PM
WTF. That's insane!!
bowbina76
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:06 PM
That's crazy. Only first grade.
bob.the.minion
by 🍌bababa baba nana on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:08 PM
There's a kindergarten child on my daughter's bus who recently had a death threat from another student.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:08 PM
I hadnt, but I'm kind if....whatever about it.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:11 PM

I think it's funny that the article mentions that no charges will be filed....these kids are six and seven. They have no concept of the permanency of death and I don't know of a state that would allow children to be charged with anything at that age. Most kids that age are not even considered competent to testify in a trial and they definitely wouldn't be able to assist in their own defense. 

That being said I would have them in counseling and find out where this came from. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:12 PM
That's crazy, but not surprising.
One of my sons classmates was expelled from his old school in 1st grade. He curses, is violent, and says things that teens and adults day. He told some kid that they should kill themselves. His mom thinks there is nothing wrong with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:13 PM
That's disturbing. How do first graders even know about the idea if poisoning someone? Their parents suck.
virtuoso
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:17 PM

How sad to think there are kids out there doing this kind of shit. It could have been alot worse. ALOT. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:20 PM
Ever hear of Snow White and the 7 dwarves?

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's disturbing. How do first graders even know about the idea if poisoning someone? Their parents suck.
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:25 PM

When I was a kid my neighbor kids and I had "plotted" to poison one of the other kids in the neighborhood.  Totally sick and twisted now that I look back on it... but seemed perfectly reasonable in our child minds... the kid was an awful brat, we wanted her gone.   Kids don't realize the severity of their actions... it's still all magical and make believe... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)