Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis Questions please help

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my 11 year old son may have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis we are still waiting for the last few test to come back but The doctor is sure that this may be the cause for his uveitis that we are fighting for the 2nd time in 6 months. He already has to have reading glasses due to this illness.

the doctor is told us that We should look into this condition and join a support group to talk to other parents about what to expect. 

Does anyone have any sugestions that would be helpful

thank you.

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:39 PM
My cousin had junior RA and it turned into fibromyalgia and RA. It was hell for her. She can't walk far, she can't stand for to long. It was pretty bad for her. She was on a lot of meds. If you want me to I can ask her some questions if you have any.
aCafemomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Thank you that would be great.

right now it is effecting only his eyes, what started for her, how bad before it effected her everyday life, did it start slow or fast?  Just how bad is it? They want to put him on Methotrexate if he has it, has she used it? would the pill or shot be better? how bad where the side effects?

What advice would she have for him? for us? What can we do to make it easyer on him?

anything and everything would help

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:53 PM
I have RA now at almost 41, but was diagnosed with JRA at 5 years old.
I have AR in every joint of my body. When I was a child, the treatment was hest, ice, rest and aspirin...lots and lots of aspirin. My highest dosage was 20 a day, but that was 36 years ago.
Now, I practice Karate, pull weights and run. I refuse to allow it to rule my life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:59 PM
No advice here but I feel for you. We've been working with orthopedists and a neurologist since last year just after my son turned 11. His arm literally became paralyzed for three months and they couldn't find a cause. Now with muscle spasms and neuropathy, they are planning to test for a genetic neuromuscular disorder. The good thing is that your doctor has an idea of what is going on and can start talking to you about treatment and prognosis. Physical therapy is working wonders for my son's muscle and joint stiffness so I'd definitely ask the doctor about that if he does develop those type of symptoms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)