Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His genes are defective!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I was talking to my mom about DD10, we were talking about how the new meds that DD was trying for her Eczema, were working really well and her arms were working a lot better and the allergy meds that she was given were helping her seasonal allergies too. (her seasonal allergies are terrible)

Then mom asked if we had received the results from the endocrinologist on her bone age scan. I told her that we had and her bone age was still significantly delayed and that we have another appointment in June and that if she doesn't gain weight (she had lost weight since her last appointment in 2015) and doesn't show SOME kind of growth (she has grown less than an inch in the past year) that we would have to REDO the growth hormone simulation test and then go from there.

Well all of a sudden my mom starts yelling, that this is all my Ex's fault, that there is some defect in his genes and it ALL his fault that she has, allergies, eczema, and isn't growing properly. According to her there is NOTHING wrong with ANYONE in our family and that it must be all on him.  That His messed up family made DD's life hard and that she KNOWS it's all on him.

I told her to just stop or I wouldn't let her know about DD's apointments or her results again, mom shut up but was still pissed.

I don't know why DD has these issues, but I know it's not anybody's "fault"!! I wish mom wouldn't try to lay blame and just accept it for what it is. I do anything I can for DD but I'm not a magician and neither are Dr's so we can't just snap out fingers and fix DD.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chinosruca
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:45 PM
πŸ˜’ That sucks. I'm pretty sure my MIL thinks I have my daughter her defective gene. She has kabuki syndrome and has a mutation of her MLL2 gene. Some kids with her syndrome are missing the gene completely or have another gene mutated/deleted. It is a spontaneous mutation in her case (some mutations are genetically passed down somehow). My MIL lives 2 miles from me and has seen my daughter 2 times in the last nearly 2 years. She held her ONE TIME, because she is damaged goods. All she wanted to do was look at her cleft palate and she gave right back to me. She's never held her or hugged her since.

People are weird. And can suck sometimes.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Some people just don't understand.
PogoPalOj
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

She obviously loves your daughter very much.  She feels helpless in watching her suffer.  She has to blame someone and your ex is the best target, because he is not around to defend himself.  And to think that she may have passed down some bad genes just fills her with guilt.  Tell her that you love her and it will be okay.  But you need her support, not complaining.  Prayers and good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2016 at 2:07 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)