Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men ARE capable of going to the grocery store!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 306 Replies
2 moms liked this

Tonight I sent my husband to the grocery store to get some stuff for dinner and also because he wanted to stop by Ross and get some new tennis shoes for work. Ok, whatever, two birds one stone and all that. 

This was his list:

Cheddar Brats

All beef hot dogs

Hot Dog Buns

Dill Pickle Relish

Saurkraut

Formula

Freezer pops (my twins are teething and they love the Mott's ones in their mesh feeder things)

It really wasn't that hard of a list and pretty basic. He went to Target and he came back with hot dogs, hot dog buns, the relish, and saurkraut in a can (bleh, to be fair, the target guy hadn't even heard of saurkraut let alone saurkraut in a jar I guess. 

I asked him WHY he went to Target when he's complained to me before that their grocery section is crappy and he says it's because they were closer to where he was buying his shoes.

*sigh*

So I sent him back to go to Kroger for at least the cheddar brats, formula, and freezer pops. 

He came back wtih the Cheddar brats and formula .....he forgot the freezer pops. 

*SIGH* I guess I'll go get those myself  since I seem to be the only capable of getting everything I go there for. I even gave him a physical list! All he had to do was look at it! 

I vented to my friend who told me that men are incapable of shopping at a grocery store and that it's really a woman's job because they always do it right. I told her that that was stupid and that men are perfectly capable of getting everything on a list at the grocery store but that they dont do it on purpose so we dont ask them again and then when we send them back to get what they forgot they throw a fit so that we wont ask them again and just do it ourselves thus perpetuating the stereotype of men. 

Whatever, I'm still sending him and I'll keep sending him back until he gets everything.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:03 PM
5 moms liked this

Did your husband suffer some kind of traumatic brain injury?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I love mine, but I don't send him grocery shopping. It takes him forever and he doesn't get the right stuff (last time he went I asked for sirloin steaks and chicken breasts, among other things. Both things he got- thinly sliced. ugh). Plus I just prefer to pick things out myself, especially meat and produce.

I do 99% of the cooking, so it's just easier, I think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Is he mentally impaired?
JadeHope
by Jade on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:05 PM
I'm sorry you're married to someone like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:05 PM
I am not joking- my husband has never grocery shopped. Not once in his life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Keep sending him and take him with you sometimes. It's the only way to learn. You didn't just magically know this stuff. You figured it out at some point. I can send my dh to the store no problem, but it used to be a struggle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't send my DH to the store. He comes back with nothing but chips and dip, chef boyardee, ramen and sausages. Ick.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:06 PM
lol, my husband does most of the grocery shopping and cooking. He does a good job. I just have to make sure I write a list if I need specific things.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Mine is a better shopper then me.
Barabell
by ~~CC~~ on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:08 PM

smh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)