Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE YOU

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

My Thyroid that is.

I have been steadily gaining weight. I haven't been porking out or anything, but I have sort of slcked off a little bit (between being so run down from my thyroid, kids, things I have to do, I'm just tired) No, its not a good excuse, but I really am just that, tired. So, in a year, I have gained 20 lbs.

I have been trying to lose the weight. I have an app that I log all my food intake, set up how many calories I should be consuming (so far I have come in under my calorie intake, except for 2 days I was about 30 calories over) And you log all your exercise. I even got one of those things you put on your wrist and it counts your steps and in turn tells you how many calories you have burned.

I do more yard work to get a sweat in, I already tap dance (in a class) and that means I also practice about the house as well (so, I guess dancing in general, pretty much 5 days a week)

I'm not really losing weight. I have lost 1lb. I'm trying not to be hard on myself, but holy. I cannot seem to really lose weight. And I can see it in my face (I'm one of the luck ones who weight seems to go to my face and mid section) and nothing is really going away.

I'm tired of my pants not fitting right anymore, my face being puffy and what is feeling like im killing myself. I'm not obese by any means, but the more weight I gain, the worse my knees feel. I'm not use to the weight I am aside from when I was pregnant with my kids.

I just needed to rant. I hate having hypothyroism.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
white_wolf454
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:19 PM

HUGS!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Are you using a food scale?

I've found logging without one can be wildly inaccurate, even going of labeled foods.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh, you probably need your meds adjusted. You can diet all you want, but your thyroid imbalance will start to cause other issues if it's not treated correctly. See an integrative Dr if you can, since they usually treat symtpoms rather than just the numbers on the (wrong) blood tests.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:33 PM
That sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Are you getting/can you get any treatment for it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:47 PM

No food scale, I'm more just measuring everything, and even then, I don't eat it all

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you using a food scale? I've found logging without one can be wildly inaccurate, even going of labeled foods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:50 PM

I was seeing one, and thats when my weight starting getting worse. He was, in a way, way over medicating me. My TSH was .10 with the meds he had me on and I wasn't doing so well. I started seeing a new doctor about 2 months ago, and he has my TSH in a more normal range and my t3 and t4 levels are all good as well. He suggested start counting calories and my exercise and log it to see if that can tell either one of us anything before doing anything dramatic

Quoting Anonymous 3: Uh, you probably need your meds adjusted. You can diet all you want, but your thyroid imbalance will start to cause other issues if it's not treated correctly. See an integrative Dr if you can, since they usually treat symtpoms rather than just the numbers on the (wrong) blood tests.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:50 PM
I got a job that required me to walk/run over 8 miles a day and after an entire month, I gained a pound. :-/ I don't even have a thyroid problem - I checked...3 times. :'(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:51 PM

Just the meds I am currently on and many blood tests to check if everything in is balance. Not much else you can do

Quoting Anonymous 4: That sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Are you getting/can you get any treatment for it?

imstilljenny
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:54 PM
It's hard, I switched from synthroid to armour. Helped me a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:54 PM
Well I hope that you get to feeling better and feeling better about yourself and lose the weight you're wanting to get off. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Just the meds I am currently on and many blood tests to check if everything in is balance. Not much else you can do

Quoting Anonymous 4: That sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Are you getting/can you get any treatment for it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)