Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw my brother today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I have a brother who's almost 4 years younger than me. We were never close growing up. My mother favored him and that drove a wedge between us. She also never let us be like normal siblings. We weren't allowed to play together and if we even dared laughed together she would yell and scream and threaten to beat the shit out of me.

When we became teenagers he threatened to punch me in the face because he wanted the bathroom and I was already in there. When I came out he swung at me but thankfully missed. I ran to my bedroom and stood there blocking the door until he finally grew tired of banging the door and left. My mother was home but chose to ignore the incident.

That was the last time I spoke to my brother. I was 17 and lived at home a couple more years but truly never spoke to him again.

We are in our 30s and I had hoped he changed. Granted I didn't reach out to him I figured by now he's grown up enough that he would at least acknowledge me if he saw me.

I was at dinner with my son and noticed a lady across the restaurant looking at me and just brushed it off but she kept staring and kept looking at the person she was with and looking back at me. It was odd to say the least and when I got up my heart sank because I knew then the person she was speaking to was my brother. We left but since he was facing the window I could see that it really was my brother. I thought about speaking to him but since I knew at that moment he knew it was me and chose not to speak to me that there was no reason to bother with him.

I don't mourn my relationship with him but I do wish I had a sibling. Most people have no clue I'm not an only child.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BrittSam2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. You're mother's a terrible person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Your mother is horrible. I rarely speak to my older brother. We got along great till after he got married. I can't stand his wife and though I try to be polite we just can't have a conversation without arguing. I love him, he's my brother but he's a jerk. I talk to my oldest brother more and I didn't grow up with him. It sucks being so separated from family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)