• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm going to take you to court for custody"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
My ex and I had three kids together. He got married two years ago and his new wife, from the start, has tried to play mom. She would show up at sports and school events, post a million pictures of my kids, call herself their other mom. I really didn't care, the kids didn't like her and she didn't actually try to be a parent, she just acted as though she were, and it wasn't a big deal. She very rarely saw him as he only had monthly visitation and usually missed every other time.

My ex passed away last month. I saw his wife at the funeral, but that's it. I've had no contact with her, nor have the kids. There is no reason. She's no one to them.

On Monday, she called me and said she was planning on picking the kids up this weekend for visitation. I thought she was kidding and told her it was a joke in poor taste, as their father was dead, and I hung up. She apparently meant she planned to continue visitation with my kids. I told her she was high and to cease contact with us or I would contact the police and file harassment charges. This morning, she told me she is going to take me to court for custody of "her" children, that she's been in their lives for two years, helped raise them (at most one weekend a month and as I said, often missed) and she wants to remain in their lives.

I told her she needs to seek psychiatric help for her delusions.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:34 AM
Bump and I don't blame you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:35 AM
How old are the kids?
sonnyswoman75
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:35 AM
The courts will laugh....what is wrong with her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:35 AM

wow.....

you know she wants the connection to the husband, and I'm sure she was fond of YOUR children....

but damn. now that's some balls on that bitch

MOM-RN
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:38 AM

How do the kids feel about it?

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:38 AM
What a nut case. Hope she can get some counseling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Get a lawyer to send her a letter explaining reality.
Littlebunnyfufu
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:42 AM
Ffs, it's like my dads second wife, after they divorced asked her why I don't call her mom anymore... Maybe because I only did it because I thought I had to and you bounced with my siblings as soon as you could after you cheated and left my dad?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:42 AM
8, 7, and 5.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old are the kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:42 AM
I have no idea.

Quoting sonnyswoman75: The courts will laugh....what is wrong with her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)