Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am Polyamorous.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a husband, and a boyfriend. My husband has a low sex drive but is a wonderful father and provider, and my boyfriend is insatiable, and helps us quite a lot with the kids and his share of the household expenses. 

And they get along - better than they do with me at times. They're both straight men and I have a child by each of them, which they both treat as their own. 

My parents are aware of the arrangement and approve, my husband's parents are not aware. My boyfriend's parents passed away long ago. 

My children regard both of them as father figures. Instead of two parents, my house has three. We have lived this way for four years. 

We're all highly educated and well paid in our respective professions. 

Hubby is happy for me. Boyfriend is respectful of my husband. I have told both they are welcome to date other women but both have said they're happy with things the way they are. 

My boyfriend wants to have a marriage ceremony, with the understanding that it's not legal. This time next year, I'll be "married" to two men. 

What's wrong with that? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM
I'm a mom
Ms_mom_81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Too much work for me, but I judge not
sonnyswoman75
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
If you are all happy and it works. I tried that and it caused more problems. My ex wanted women without me interfering but he was very jealous if I even texted a guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:28 AM

baking

Shoota
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:31 AM
2 moms liked this
If you are all happy and honest with each other, which is sounds like you are, then bravo! Marriage doesnt have to be "one size fits all" conventional.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:32 AM
2 moms liked this

The guy who wants his cake while denying yours is a rather common problem. That's not poly - it's something else entirely. 

I hope you find an arrangement that makes you happy.  

Quoting sonnyswoman75: If you are all happy and it works. I tried that and it caused more problems. My ex wanted women without me interfering but he was very jealous if I even texted a guy.

sonnyswoman75
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree he was just wanted to be a male whore while I sat at home waiting for him

Quoting Anonymous 1:

The guy who wants his cake while denying yours is a rather common problem. That's not poly - it's something else entirely. I hope you find an arrangement that makes you happy.  

Quoting sonnyswoman75: If you are all happy and it works. I tried that and it caused more problems. My ex wanted women without me interfering but he was very jealous if I even texted a guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:36 AM

Well then at least you should pimped him out and got yourself a new pair of shoes ;)

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I agree he was just wanted to be a male whore while I sat at home waiting for him
Quoting Anonymous 1:

The guy who wants his cake while denying yours is a rather common problem. That's not poly - it's something else entirely. I hope you find an arrangement that makes you happy.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing.  I am also polyamorous, but my husband and I have a no men rule.  My girlfriend and I will have a ceremony similar to that with the understanding that it is not legal.  My husband has a high sex drive and I don't.  I also am more into women than men and so it works out beautifully for us.  All the rules work and no one complains about the rules either. Even in older religious days, people were allowed to have more than one spouse legally though not in many places now.

However, there are people who are naturally jealous, which is just fine, and people who it didn't work out for because it does take a lot of work, trust, and understanding.  Some of those people might find a lot of things wrong from what you are saying, but I don't see the issue.  I might judge if you were a swinger as well, but that is due to my own hangups on sex and not because its wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)