Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Child With A Million Aches And Pains..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Anyone else have a kid like this?

DS is almost 7 and I swear on a daily basis this kid has approximately 8 million aches and pains he complains about.

His back hurts.

His eyes hurt.

He has something poking him in his shoe.

It goes on and on.

There is nothing wrong with him. He makes it up for attention because at his one grandma's house, she fawns over him and has insisted that he's had Meningitis more than once in his life because she's coo-koo and not the good kind like for Cocoa Puffs, the I need an asylum kind.

He rarely spends time there anymore because she encourages this behavior.

Does anyone else have a child with a million aches and pains?

Oh and forget about it if he actually does get hurt. Oh my God it's the end of the world. He could have the tiniest scratch or slightly bump himself and he'd wail for hours if I allowed him to.

His paternal grandparents say his father was the same way as a kid. Just overdramatic like that.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:22 AM

bump.

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:26 AM
No.
bleumonster
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:34 AM
Mine is a hypochondriac but because I don't feed into he has gotten better. He was never quite that bad lol but he is always pointing put some "deformity" that he supposedly has. I just roll my eyes at him. He made a lot of fuss over pain when he was little but little kids do and I didn't baby him like bmom so he got over it. I always either gave him ice or told him to shake it off depending on the severity.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:40 AM
Lol, my 6 year old has 0 pain tolerance. She'll get a tiny scratch and it's the end of the world. She'll run around yelling and shaking whatever got wounded like it's a major wound and she's dying. She won't let us touch it, either. We don't feed into it and we're hoping it'll get better with time.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:42 AM
My kids really only overreacted when they were like 2-3. We just ignore minor injuries, so they got to know better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)