• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Physical attraction?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I met a man. Everything about him fits perfectly with what I'm looking for. Our conversations are great. It's just easy. He has an amazing smile. The only problem is that I'm not physically attracted to his body. He isn't a huge guy by any means but not the type of guy I'm attracted to. His face is adorable and incredibly handsome. I would describe him as pudgy.

Would this be a deal breaker for you? I'm thinking I should just spend more time with him and see what develops. I know looks can fade in time any ways. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:34 AM
I'm into fitness so it could be a deal breaker. Is he obese or just a few pounds overweight?
bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Fall in love with his heart. As long as you find some parts of him physically attractive then that should be enough. There may be things about you that he isn't fond of either.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:36 AM
Give it a try. Go on a few dates and see if you can over look it. And besides after you get closer you can suggest working out together and cooking healthy meals in weekends etc.
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Physicality can always be changed, but no one can do anything that contradicts their nature.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM
No.. not a deal breaker. If you like him so far, fall for his personality. You'll learn to love his looks. Then you guys can go to the gym together as a "hobby" together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:39 AM
Wouldn't bother me a bit. I've loved my dh when he was extremely fit, when he lost a ton of weight, and when he finally put some back on and was "pudgy." He's still an amazing guy no matter what his body looks like. Although I've found him quite attractive at all of those stages.
mom2_2542
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM
Looks fade, a good person does not
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM
I would guess he probably needs to lose 30lbs. He's right under 6ft. Healthy eating is something that's important for me. In the last year, I finally got back to my ideal weight. I've lost 70lbs. I've gone from a size 18 to a size 6 by changing what I eat. It's something that is important to me.

The thing is, his weight gain is recent. He showed me a picture of him from 6 month ago. He looked amazing! He was going to the gym 6 days a week. His work schedule was changed and between taking care of his daughter full time and his new schedule he says that he simply doesn't have the time any more.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm into fitness so it could be a deal breaker. Is he obese or just a few pounds overweight?
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:42 AM
If I couldn't get past it, I wouldn't try.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:47 AM

I think he'd be better off with somebody else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)