Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The grumpy old man

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
There were six adults and five kids under 10 in the waiting room. Four adults on their cell phones.
A talk show was on and I can tell these kids were getting antsy. I asked the receptionist if she could put on PBS. They have in the past.
The woman looks around and the military guy (not on his phone) was fine with it. But this older man starts grumbling about how he is watching the show and kids didn't needed TV. So the receptionist keeps the talk show on.
I let my kid watch YouTube and some other parents were letting their kids play games or watch a show on their phones.
The guy gets up and tells the receptionist he can't hear the show and she needs to do something about.
She tells him no one is being particularly loud and he could read a magazine.
I don't know what happen cause we were called in but when I walked back out he was gone and PBS was on.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Well it is extrememly rude to have your sound on on your cell phone. Buy headphones.

marmie41
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:49 AM
So sorry your children had to miss out on pbs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:56 AM
One woman had three kids. I doubt she could have head phones for all of them.
I don't think anyone has their phones up loudly. Just an accumulation of a few phones going on at the same time.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Well it is extrememly rude to have your sound on on your cell phone. Buy headphones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:58 AM
I was more concern with the younger kids in there. I mean all these kids are waiting to get shots in a boring waiting room with no toys or kid entertainment.

Quoting marmie41: So sorry your children had to miss out on pbs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:59 AM

So then she shouldnt have turned it on.

Anytime you put the sound on you are in the wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 1: One woman had three kids. I doubt she could have head phones for all of them. I don't think anyone has their phones up loudly. Just an accumulation of a few phones going on at the same time.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Well no one should have had their devise sound on. Thats just plain rude.

also I'll never figure out why children these days have to be entertained constantly. I'm so glad I didn;t raise my kids that way.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Seems to me the elderly fellow isn't the problem...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:07 AM
Lol
marmie41
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:08 AM
Peditricians cater to children, and provide "kid" entertainment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:09 AM
It's up to the parents to bring whatever for their kids. It's not up to the dr's office to provide entertainment for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)