• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have Cricket Wireless for their cell phone service?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Is it fast? Worth the money? I'm thinking about switching.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:38 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM
I do I like it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM

BUMP for you.

fairytrashwhut
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:56 PM

I never post, but I figured I'd add my 2 cents. My bf and I both have Cricket and have been extremly dissapointed in it. I live in Michigan just for an fyi. Now, our internet is great, it's never slow, no matter if it's wi-fi or using data. However, the phone service itself sucks. If you look at their coverage area, ours should have no problems what-so-ever. But I hardly recieve phone calls, it'll just signal when I have a voicemail, with never actually ringing. Texts sometimes take a long time to go through, and more recently, our service cuts out randomly. We've had it about 3 months,when we first noticed it we called the customer service and was told there really isnt anything they can do, that we SHOULD be getting coverage. We've tried mutiple phones, thinking maybe it was a phone issue. Nope, still having the same problems. We will be switching next month. That's just our experience in our area. I've heard better reviews from other people.. I suggest buying an unlocked phone that you can take to a different carrier if Cricket doesn't work out for you. That way you can take it another carrier without having to buy another phone.

SusieCarmichael
by NotARugrat on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:59 PM
I've heard mixed things about cricket wireless. Straight talk is really good too, I think it's better than cricket.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM
We used to. It was like...six years ago. It was okay. Comparable to Boost.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:32 PM

my dd has it if you get it get the insurance because they have such a stupid warrenty that if you have one scratch on the phone its not covered

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:56 PM

thanks!

Quoting fairytrashwhut:

I never post, but I figured I'd add my 2 cents. My bf and I both have Cricket and have been extremly dissapointed in it. I live in Michigan just for an fyi. Now, our internet is great, it's never slow, no matter if it's wi-fi or using data. However, the phone service itself sucks. If you look at their coverage area, ours should have no problems what-so-ever. But I hardly recieve phone calls, it'll just signal when I have a voicemail, with never actually ringing. Texts sometimes take a long time to go through, and more recently, our service cuts out randomly. We've had it about 3 months,when we first noticed it we called the customer service and was told there really isnt anything they can do, that we SHOULD be getting coverage. We've tried mutiple phones, thinking maybe it was a phone issue. Nope, still having the same problems. We will be switching next month. That's just our experience in our area. I've heard better reviews from other people.. I suggest buying an unlocked phone that you can take to a different carrier if Cricket doesn't work out for you. That way you can take it another carrier without having to buy another phone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM
I had it for years and loved it. I lived in CO at the time and it was decent service and cheap. I only switched because we moved to HI and Cricket wasn't available there at the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)