Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinion time

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
What's your opinion on why some couples deal with infidelity & some don't? Why do some people have no regard for their vow to forsake others ( in the case of married folks) or the verbal agreement made (for unmarried ones)?

My opinion: it depends on the quality of the person you picked. A person with little to no morals/respect won't see a problem with cheating.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:26 AM

Well, I think some women fear being alone so they settle. I think that some wear it as a badge of honor, like they're better than those who don't/wouldn't stay because they fought harder. Like they take their vows more seriously than others, despite the fact that their husbands broke theirs. I think that some have the "men are superior" mindset and stay because the man can do as he pleases. And I think some stay because they just assume that that's what men do or that they somehow "made" him do it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:42 AM
I think some people choose to work through infidelity because they realize that even good people can make a mistake.

I'm sure others choose to stay because they're afraid of being alone or admitting that their relationship failed.

On the flip side I know some people who choose to end a relationship because of cheating just don't want to put up w/ the person who betrayed them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM
People that commit adultery go to hell.
Cocos_Mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Some people stay because they view it as a forgivable mistake, others leave because cheating is a deal breaker for them.

Forgiving a cheater doesn't make you a weak person. Leaving someone who cheated on you doesn't mean you didn't take your vows seriously.

It's not for anyone else to judge why 2 people decide to stay together or not.

Oh, and both men and women cheat, for the record.
Cheating is shitty, but sometimes good people do bad things, it doesn't nessesary lay make them a low quality persoN
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Monogamy isn't natural and hormones are crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM

I honestly admire a couple who can work through infedelity issues and survive.  I don't think I could be taht person.  I'm afraid I'd want to work it out, and instead I'd end up being bitter. Like my husband would say, "I'm going to get some milk."  And I would reply, "Are you really going to buy milk or are you going to screw someone else??" 

There are lots of dynamics about marriage that I can't begin to understand.   If it works for a couple and they are happy, it's not mine to question.  This is of course assuming there isn't domestic violence in the marriage and that the affair is over and you get one shot so to speak.  Chronic cheaters- you gotta leave 'em.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Interesting opinions. Bump for more!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)