Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christianity is Irrational

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last Sunday my Pastor's sermon topic: "Why is Christianity So Upsetting?"
Main reasons why:  Its teachings (laws), Its Exclusivity (Salvation only Christ), and Its Irrational.

How is it irrational?:
God uses "unqualified" people - uneducated, common men and women- to spread the gospel, heal others, be Jesus' disciples, ect.

He persecutes his own people- many of disciples/Christians die because of their belief in God;

Belief does not guarantee you a good life, the good and the bad suffer alike. 
-Think of all the struggles Joseph went through- sold into slavery 
-Isrealites were slaves, roamed the desert for 40 years 

He rewards the wicked- Paul (stoned Christians), David (set his lover's husband to be killed), Jacob (stole his brother's birth right)

Agree?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HHx5
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:35 AM
What's your point? Ok, if it's irrational, what are you doing at church?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM

That's where faith comes in.  You just have to believe God called you for a purpose.  Maybe you aren't the most qualified, but God will fill you with the Holy Spirit so you can accomplish the task he has sat out for you.

God can be a comfort in your struggles.  And other times your struggles are a way to mold you into being the person God called you to be.  YOu may have to struggle for a long time before you reap a reward- and that reward may not be in this life on Earth.  

God can use wicked men to acoomplish his plan.

Quoting HHx5: What's your point? Ok, if it's irrational, what are you doing at church?

bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:42 AM
If you don't believe in the ending and life after I suppose. I do though.
HHx5
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Christianity makes no sense when on the outside looking in. God is sovereign. I love some of the biblical stories, OT included, showing how God accomplishes His purposes in spite of human nature. The Hebrews witnesses the pillar of smoke after being delivered from Egypian slavery and don't get very far before making a golden calf. SMH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM
😈
HHx5
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 AM
^^^^^^^^that was supposed to quote you anon 1, as a response to your quoting me, oops
cbkmom3
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
All of those examples are of God taking something meant for bad, and turning it to good, for His glory. Our pastor used to say that God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. That is seen over and over. As for dying for one's faith in God, I cannot think of a better reason to die, than as a martyr for my Heavenly Father.
morgiefae
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM

I believe all faith is irrational, BUT I have my own.

Spirituality, to me, comes from the heart, the feelings, the soul.   

HHx5
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
You are absolutely right about our salvation not guaranteeing an easy life. Quite the contrary, walking with Christ complicates everything and simplifies all at the same time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM
There is a crazy anon here who thinks she isGod, so I may have to agree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)