Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is just so unreasonable

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
This is my bf's problem not mine, but it pisses me off a lot and I need to vent. He's in college, and he was given a group project that he has 5 days to finish with 2 other members he did not get to choose. He has a buddy he commutes to school with and they take the same classes, and he also lives right by us. But since they couldn't work together, my bf has to do a 2 hour commute to meet with them. He worked with them yesterday after class but they did not finish, so now he has to commute there on Saturday morning to finish this project. He said he is probably going to have to call off work so he can finish it. To me this is not right AT ALL. The teacher is being very unreasonable to only assign 5 days for a project that involves so much and he has to go out of his way for. I understand this is college and projects have to be taken seriously, and he is a very good student, but this is too much. He has other responsibilities, like HIS JOB. Now he has to call off and he only works 3 days a week because he goes to school full time so that's a big cut from his paycheck and we need that money. I don't think there is anything wrong with the project, but the time frame is way too short for something like this and I think it's very unreasonable. What do you think/ what would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Many people break up responsibilities on day one so that some of the work can be done independently and the group only needs to get together at the end to put everything together. he chose this class, what happens outside of it is not the teacher's concern.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Well that's life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Cant please them all.

malibucj
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what happens when you choose to work and go to college at the same time. 

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Unfortunately, when you choose to go to college at a nontraditional time, sacrifices have to be made.

CafeMom Tickers
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not getting why all three of them couldn't have just stayed at school to work on it starting the day it was assigned?

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM
It'll be fine. It is one time. Stop being indignant on his behalf. I'm sure he isn't stressing over it as much as you are.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM

That's life when you go to school.  What did you expect?  Them to cater to you?  pfft.  the world doesn't work that way.

shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Thtas life. That's college. It isn't meant to be easy or convenient. It is designed for someone who doesn't have other responsibilities. He's just going to have to suck it up and do it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)