Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Full time working couples

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

Married or living together doesn't matter. Just both working full time.

How do you split the bills?

Do you put everything in to one account and split the difference left over for mad money? Or does the one who makes more get more?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM
We have a joint account and DH manages the finances because I hate that stuff. We let eachother buy whatever but run purchases past eachother when they're around $300 or more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM
I give him my portion of the bills and he pays them.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Everything goes into and gets paid out of our joint account.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM
This

Quoting AnnieGoolaheey: Everything goes into and gets paid out of our joint account.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM

We combine the checks. I get paid once a month and usually that is when rent is due so I pay it. But whoever gets paid closest to a bill being due pays that. On days we both get paid (happens every now and then) We put it all in one account- calculate what needs paid and I pay the bills. Usually we each set aside a certain amount for personal spending.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:52 AM
We combine our incomes and everything is bought from that account.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:54 AM
We had separate accounts and split joint bills down the middle (rent, utilities, Internet, groceries). We each paid our own car payments, cell phones, etc.
HellHound
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Everything goes into one account. I manage the finances. Dh gets a set amount monthly for fun money that goes into his separate account so he doesn't mess up the budget and I don't have to ask "what is this X amount you spent at Y" to keep the budget in order.
haydsmom2007
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Right now I just pay for everything and he reimburses me for half... It's stupid. He is a business owner and pays for everything out of his business account so we don't have a joint account. I'm thinking of opening up a new checking account and have that be the "family" account to pay all the family bills with, and we can each just transfer what we need in there and keep the rest in our separate accounts.
stacey541
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Everything goes in together, he has a set amount from each paycheck that he keeps. I manage everything else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)