Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Open Marriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Anyone have an open marriage? Are there rules?

Dh and I have done couple swaps before (we always use protection) and we've done 3 somes (alternating adding a girl and a guy each time we do it) plus we have had sex with other people one on one with the other watching (dh watches me have sex or I watch him) judge if you want but we both get tested frequently, have a good relationship and enjoy sex.

Dh got a job where we will be apart for weeks at a time and we talked about having an open relationship. We are used to doing everything together and he is worried that I will get attached to another guy. Other than that he is OK with the idea. We always set up ground rules and tell each other everything, I don't really know what rules to have this time besides letting each other know what is going on though.

I don't care if people think we are gross or that you would never let him have sex with other people. We have been happy for 12 years and have always been like this. Just looking for others with experience and suggestions for an open marriage.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:59 AM
I could never have an open marriage. It sounds like a complete disaster waiting to happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Nope. I'm not a jealous type of person either. I just could not deal with that. I have too many other things to worry about.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

17 year open marriage here.  Our rules are:

I don't dominate women, so don't bring me one.

I need to meet his boyfriends at least once.

No married-to-other-people people unless both of them are involved with us and again, no chicks unless they're just there to watch and learn.

Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Nope, been monogamous almost 30 years. To be honest lol neither one of us shares well, especially each other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:02 AM
I could never do it, I'm far to jealous! Our friends do though and it's always drama. In fact the guy got another girl pregnant, he pays child support but is forbidden to ever see the kid by his wife. It truly is a fucked up situation 3/4 of the time. They kind of go off the don't ask don't tell plan though so if you're open it could be different idk. Not sure if be able to seperate sex from emotion either. These are things you have to consider before you jump in and do something like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM
The no married people is a good one! We have couple swapped with married couples but having one on one sex with a married person is out of the question for me.

Quoting corticosteroid:

17 year open marriage here.  Our rules are:

I don't dominate women, so don't bring me one.

I need to meet his boyfriends at least once.

No married-to-other-people people unless both of them are involved with us and again, no chicks unless they're just there to watch and learn.

Austinsmom35
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you've proven in the past that you two can handle an open relationship. Just keep communicating. Once upon a time I might have thought this was the worst idea I've ever heard, now that I'm older, I don't think it's so bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM

We are fine adding in another female and that is about it, SO has no issues if I were to go and have fun with another female, But i don't/won't without him. lol

But one thing I do know is that couples who do the solo sex with another usually do not last that long I have watched several couples go down hill that way. Its always best to keep it with your partner involved or not at all, or keep it female for yourself and not another male. That is our intentions.

HHx5
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM
Quoting Fireball101586:

Nope, been monogamous almost 30 years. To be honest lol neither one of us shares well, especially each other.

Same here.
I'm my DH had the desire for an open marriage I would no longer see the point of being married.
fightlikegirl.2
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I would become murderous. He is only mine, he belongs to me. Same for him with me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)