Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yikes!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM
  • 52 Replies

Wanted to go see Guns N Roses in Houston with my BFF. Tickets went on sale today and they're $250 for general admission pit tickets! $95 for nosebleeds.

She's disappointed I'm not going now (she doesn't have any kids and is single), but honestly, even if I had more disposable income and zero kids, I don't think I'd wanna pay those prices. Eww.

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't really want to see Guns n Roses, do you?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM

From Fab to OMG WTF HAPPENED TO YOU DUDE?!

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Mmmm he was a fox. I'd love to see them, actually. It was my childhood. My mom is the biggest GNR fan *ever* so it was a big part of my youth. If for nothing else, than nostalgia. But nostalgia ain't worth $250!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Famousglm714
by Gina on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM

I would never spend that for them, lol, but I'm not a huge fan. I will admit I've spent more to see Eminem. Twice. I LOVE him and couldn't miss the hometown shows. 

Becsmom217
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Never saw the appeal in him. Sebastian Bach, yes. Axel Rose, yuck. Sebastian Bach is a much better singer too.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Prices on concerts really have gotten crazy high. I used to go to so many years ago & now I really just can't be bothered unless there's some kind of deal on the tickets.
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Time hasn't been kind to him at all.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

You don't really want to see Guns n Roses, do you?

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM

I can see the appeal of Sebastian, but better singer?! NO WAY! Hahaha

Quoting Becsmom217: Never saw the appeal in him. Sebastian Bach, yes. Axel Rose, yuck. Sebastian Bach is a much better singer too.
Quoting OwlNuggets:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Really, you'd be disappointed. He hasn't kept up on his vocals over the years and they hinge on the nostalgia factor more than actually presenting a great show.

Quoting robibuni:

Mmmm he was a fox. I'd love to see them, actually. It was my childhood. My mom is the biggest GNR fan *ever* so it was a big part of my youth. If for nothing else, than nostalgia. But nostalgia ain't worth $250!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I paid $75 for two tickets for my BF and I to go see Chvrches at a local venue here in Austin for later this month and thought that was a steal :/

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Prices on concerts really have gotten crazy high. I used to go to so many years ago & now I really just can't be bothered unless there's some kind of deal on the tickets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)