• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you sold your art??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Whatever it is..painting, refurbing furniture, photos, whatever...

Where did you sell it?? Where did you have the most success?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM
My ex MIL sells her paintings. She is very involved in the art community in her town, so she will sometimes sell a piece of art at the art gallery there or she will have people going to her with requests. She's very talented. My current mil sells some photos on Istock, I think?.. Something like that, she makes a few bucks here and there from that. My dad used to refinish things for friends and they'd pay him to do that for them. He has a few people in the community come to him asking him to refinish stuff. Not big money, but it was a little extra..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM
I used to sell poems to kids in my high school, then I figured out I could do their writing assignments for money. Let's just say that ended quite badly and I haven't sold any thing I've made since.
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:38 PM

no, i do it for me and i give away things if i make them for someone as a gift. but only cause at this point, i do things in my spare time and when the inspiration strikes me.

i would love to though. my biggest passion is stained glass/glass art but i had to put it on hold since having kids and not having the workspace and time to dedicate myself to it like i need to. so i get my artistic fix on other little things.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:39 PM
I'm not very artsy or crafty.
MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:45 PM

yes.  I've painted all my life and sell my work in galleries, Etsy, art shows, and to magazines for illustration use.

If you are interested in making your art into a business, WetCanvas.com is a great site to get information.  It is a large site, and may take some time to learn your way around. But you can read forums on all types of art as well as business and  marketing.

At the top left of the screen, look for "Channels" and then "Art Business" in the drop down menu

WetCanvas: Online Living for Artists

NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Yes.

bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:48 PM
Sold three paintings on eBay for fun when dd was little. Set up my parents to do it. Even causes a bidding war. My dh, dd, and I painted them. Lol
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:50 PM
My landlord paid me to make a chalkboard menu for his pizzeria. Well, he knocked money off my rent. Same thing.
As far as actual artwork like a drawing or painting, I've only given them away, never sold them.
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:52 PM
I haven't sold any of my paintings. I wouldn't even be sure where to start or if anyone would be interested in them at all. Nice thought though.
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I paint and draw.  Lots of people have asked to buy them, but they are just for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)