• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who lives in a condo, town homes or apartments?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
And if you do, are you afraid of fires? I see so many nice ones but that's the one thing that scares me the most. I have no control over someone not outing their cigarette or accidentally leaving their iron plugged in. Am I just being paranoid or is this a valid fear?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Bump
SciFiMama91
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:11 PM
I have most of my life. Never experienced a fire. Had a neighbor leave the gas on on her stove but they went in and turned it off when I noticed the smell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Thank goodness you were home but can you imagine if you weren't?

Quoting SciFiMama91: I have most of my life. Never experienced a fire. Had a neighbor leave the gas on on her stove but they went in and turned it off when I noticed the smell.

Jen.82
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM

We live in an apartment and no it doesn't worry me.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:14 PM
I live in a duplex. I'm no more afraid of fires than I would be in a house. My neighbor is a single mom with three kids, so she's probably as responsible as me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:15 PM
Bump
Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:15 PM

Valid fear.  I've lived in a condo for a few years, as well as apartment homes and a townhouse, and that was why when we bought we bought single family.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
It always bothered me a little. Years ago when I lived in a third floor apartment a guy was doing coke in the middle of the night & decided to cook food & passed out & caught his apartment on fire. Luckily, someone smelled the smoke & called the fire department but we weren't allowed back in the building for a few hours while they cleared out the smoke. It just makes you realize anything can happen & some people are just stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:17 PM
I use to and no. But can you imagine living next to Hispanic and having tons of kids sleeping in a two bedroom town home? Yeah they were loud and glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. But they are very nice and keep to them selfs though.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:17 PM

it looks like an apartment but its a condo. Yes that is a fear but I also have great rental insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)