Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you beat Bobby Flay?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM
  • 36 Replies

What is your signature dish?

I'm a terrible cook so no.

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:14 PM

I actually enjoy watching that show.  

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:15 PM
I make this chicken sandwich. Its my DFs favorite and he says I should bring it to Bobby.
But I'm not a chef. So there's no way I'd be confident enough lol
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:16 PM
Are you talking about throwdown or iron chef? Because Bobby Flay would stomp my ass on Iron Chef (is he still an iron chef?). This is weird, but if for some reason the category on throwdown was potato salad I think I would stand a solid chance.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:16 PM
Not on a grill, though I bet my dad could give him a run for his money.

All my best dishes are casserole or one pot - pasta salad, southwest shepherds pie, veggie lasagna- and those never win cooking contests because they aren't pretty.
Fireball101586
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:16 PM

I can cook pretty good, lol but too beat Flay? No way in hell lol that man is amazing at what he does. But I loved watching Alex beat him a few weeks ago, that was funny as hell lol.

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Probably not, but I found this chocolate cake recipe on Sunday that was kick ass!  Everyone loved it except DS12 and his only complaint was that the frosting was too sweet.  LOL  

momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:19 PM

The name of the show is Beat Bobby Flay.  It's not Iron Chef but maybe throwdown??? I'm not sure.  Its just a show I enjoy watching

Quoting kmeow: Are you talking about throwdown or iron chef? Because Bobby Flay would stomp my ass on Iron Chef (is he still an iron chef?). This is weird, but if for some reason the category on throwdown was potato salad I think I would stand a solid chance.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM
Nope. LoL, I wouldn't even attempt it. But, on a side note my DH was a memeber of the same Fraternity as Guy...I think that should automatically get us dinner cooked by Guy!🤔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM
I don't know who that is. I'm guessing a tv chef? I'm not the best cook so I can't beat anyone lol. Except my mom. She's pretty awful and most food comes from a box.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM
There used to be a show called Throwdown with Bobby Flay, where he would challenge people on their signature dishes. Never heard of the new one. I haven't had tv in like a year. D:

Quoting momngram:

The name of the show is Beat Bobby Flay.  It's not Iron Chef but maybe throwdown??? I'm not sure.  Its just a show I enjoy watching

Quoting kmeow: Are you talking about throwdown or iron chef? Because Bobby Flay would stomp my ass on Iron Chef (is he still an iron chef?). This is weird, but if for some reason the category on throwdown was potato salad I think I would stand a solid chance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)