Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I let her go?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
So ex is suppose to get dd tomorrow all day and Sunday all day. All my kids are sick. Dd is worse than the others, she has a severe sinus infection and bronchitis. My poor baby. Should I keep her home or let her go with her dad? I feel staying home is best. Also to add, my ex doesn't have a car so she'd be walking in the rain, he also has no heat in the trailer and sleeps on a couch.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:19 PM
Keep her home.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:19 PM
4 moms liked this

Her dad's home is her home too, and her father is also her parent and can handle his sick child. Don't be selfish.

ETA: I made this comment before any additional information was given in the original post.

MOM-RN
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Her dad's home is her home too, and her father is also her parent and can handle his sick child. Don't be selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her go, unless she wants to stay home. If she wants to stay home talk to your ex about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not ask your ex instead of cafe mom and go from there
Sondi7
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM

I agree. However, I bet OP has some fantastic reason as to why dad isn't capable of dealing with his sick child.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sure her dad is capable of taking care of her just like you. Let her go.
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

In this case, I would leave it up to your child whether or not she wants to go.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:23 PM

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now and perhaps she really is just concerned of the well-being of her child but dad can dole out meds and keep her hydrated just as well as mom can.

Quoting Sondi7:

I agree. However, I bet OP has some fantastic reason as to why dad isn't capable of dealing with his sick child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:24 PM
His home is not his home actually, he sleeps on a couch. Also they don't have heat there and it's cold and pouring rain here.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)