Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My weekly menu with a question

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
Weekly Menu

M - Bean Burritos w/salad & guacamole
T - Chicken salad sandwich on pita bread w/sprouts & cashews
W - Smoked Ribs & Fish w/coleslaw & smoked beans
Th - Salad and garlic bread
F - Steak & salad
Sa - Leftovers
Su - Rabbit or Pork tamales & ceviche

Ok, so I'm not eating 100% healthy this week. I'm really craving salad and meat, so that's on the menu for dinner. Now, I need to make my shopping list. Dh has been wanting to brine and smoke the fish in our freezer, so I figure I'll pull our ribs out too. Time to clean out the deep freeze.

Question, does anyone make croutons? How?

I make my pita bread, coleslaw, refried beans, bread, and everything else. I've never made good crunchy croutons.
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:38 PM
It's really easy just make bread. Let it dry out a bit if you can. Day old or leftover bread is perfect. Toss it with olive oil salt and pepper then put it on a cookie sheet and bake it at like 375 or 400 until they're brown and crispy.
Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Oil and season fried bread and bake.
kcangel63
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM
I don't know why it's so hard for me to figure out. Lol! I'll give it a try. I'll be making bread about every day anyway. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's really easy just make bread. Let it dry out a bit if you can. Day old or leftover bread is perfect. Toss it with olive oil salt and pepper then put it on a cookie sheet and bake it at like 375 or 400 until they're brown and crispy.
virtuoso
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM

So the only purpose to posting the menu, which you knew rifles and angers like almost everyone because of the rabbit situation.... I've seen that play out alot in here before. So why bother? Why not just ask the damn question about croutons?

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Valerie Bertinelli made polenta croutons. You should be able to get the recipe on FoodNetwork.com.

CafeMom Tickers
kcangel63
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Actually this is what I wrote in my notes. I didn't think much of it because I'm writing my list and am trying to figure out what I'm doing. We haven't butchered the newest ones yet, so I put OR pork because I don't know if we will have them brines and ready for meal time.

I notice you didn't get upset about the chicken sandwich. It could easily be my chickens in my yard we are eating.

Personally, it's not my problem I others are mad that I eat food that I raise instead of buy. However, I could easily go down the road and buy rabbit to eat. Would that be better?

Quoting virtuoso:

So the only purpose to posting the menu, which you knew rifles and angers like almost everyone because of the rabbit situation.... I've seen that play out alot in here before. So why bother? Why not just ask the damn question about croutons?

kcangel63
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Awesome. I'll look that up.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Valerie Bertinelli made polenta croutons. You should be able to get the recipe on FoodNetwork.com.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:47 PM
I use sourdough or ciabatta .
Drizzle with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano and dried garlic and put n the oven at 400degrees for 12 minutes or when browned.
kcangel63
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:51 PM
That sounds awesome. I've not made either. Although we need to get a sour dough starter going. Maybe I could try challah? I love eating it, and bet it would be good. :)

Quoting couture-mommy: I use sourdough or ciabatta .
Drizzle with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano and dried garlic and put n the oven at 400degrees for 12 minutes or when browned.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)