Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any one-sided friendships?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Do you have a friend where you are more interested in the friendship than she is?  Where you are always initiating contact?  Or maybe you will call, text or email and don't get a response until weeks later?

Do you have a friend that says when she sees you, "we should get together soon" but never follows through?  Or do you invite her places and she's too busy?

Do you have a friend that will bait you in for awhile, act interested in hanging out, but then forgets all about you later?

Should you maintain these friendships or just drop them?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM

I always tell people I meet who want to be friends with me, "Look, I'm terrible at friendships.  I hate talking on the phone, I don't drink any more, I don't generally do things like go shopping or get a manicure and I suck at social media shit, so if all that's cool by you, great, we can be friends."

Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:10 PM

So how exactly do your friendships play out lol.  Friends just for the sake of calling each other friends?

Quoting corticosteroid:

I always tell people I meet who want to be friends with me, "Look, I'm terrible at friendships.  I hate talking on the phone, I don't drink any more, I don't generally do things like go shopping or get a manicure and I suck at social media shit, so if all that's cool by you, great, we can be friends."

Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:11 PM

I actually think it should be taught how to be a good friend.

People don't realize it.  Every single time I see someone bitch about someone not being a good friend, I remind them that it goes both ways.  Everyone can do with remembering that.  

Getting busy, having kids, daily life, the struggle is real, but it's not an excuse to neglect your friendships.  I think being a good friend is one of the most important things you do in life.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM

No, they generally wander off after I tell them what's what.  Honestly, I feel held hostage by most relationships.

Quoting Canadiana:

So how exactly do your friendships play out lol.  Friends just for the sake of calling each other friends?

Quoting corticosteroid:

kcangel63
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM
That's pretty much me.

Quoting corticosteroid:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM
Not really. I just stop bothering with people like that.
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:16 PM
Ugh. Yes. We've been friends for almost 25 years, so we're practically family. But she only ever initiates contact of she needs a babysitter. I tried for the last several years to keep in touch, plan to do things, but it's always just me reaching out. I decided it was her turn to reach out with a call or text and that I wasn't going to be the first to pick up the phone anymore aaaand I had sent heard from her since last summer 😒
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:17 PM
I have a coworker like that. She's always saying let's go out to eat, let's go bowling, let's get drinks, let's bike ride. Yet she hardly ever follows through. I think it's just her being ditsy, though, so I figure one of these days I'll nail her to the bike and we'll go. She's fun to work with. I often flake, so I can't blame her too much.
Skittles2015
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Hahaha that's my parents, my sister, my old friends
I finally just stopped. They apparently aren't interested. I got the clue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:19 PM
I honestly have no friends, so Id have no trouble dumping someone who bailed every time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)