Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm really pissed and will be bashed for this, I know.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this
But I need to vent. Children and youth were called on me because I was homeless. I moved two times in a year. From one shelter to another in a year and now I'm in my own place and signed the lease for a year (3rd move). I know I'm not fully stable. I'm working on it. I've shown proof. I have job, income ect.

Now I can't stand this cps lady. While waiting for my house to be finshed (landlord was putting new floors) I found a program that paid for me to stay in a hotel for 30days. I was there three weeks. Now this caseworker kept pushing for me to go into a shelter and apply for another one. I said no, I have no reason too. She knew the hotel was paid for, she knew I'd be in my own place soon because of that shr put in her report i was not complying with her.

She has seen me maybe 4 times. Each time was her just coming in asking what I was doing and how the house was coming along. She said on her report thar I'm short with my child and don't enforce positive redirect. What she doesn't know is before she showed up, I did do that, I calmly told me child five times to do something so yes I raised my voice yhe 6th time and my child listen cause when I raise my voice she knows I'm serious. I was not yelling, cursing or anything along that lines. Every time this caseworker showed up it was craziness, it was freezing cold out so my toddler was coped up for past couple days. We BOTH were stir crazy. She'd show up when I just got back from doing earns. Or show up at dinner time. Those are crazy times for me because I'm trying to do 10 things at once. Never in those was I yelling or anything. Just running around basically like a chicken without a head. She based that part of the report on 30 seconds of her being around.

She said I have a history of bring homeless. I DO NOT. I was homeless a year due to financial issues, which are all taken care of and I've shown proof! I'm okay now. I know I'm not fully stable.

She wants me to do counseling and a mental health evaluation because I've moved "so many times" and there HAS TO BE an underline issue!

Another thing is she wants to do some assessment on dds dad. He isn't involved. He pays support though. I gave her his full name. Good luck finding him.

I understand this lady's concerns but this is all bullshit. Speak to the babysitter, my family! Ffs, they'd tell you in a heartbeat I'm not short with my child, they'll tell you I do not have a history of homelessness. Speak to people that are in my life.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sam12796
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:04 PM
I'm sorry you're dealing with all that. I hope things keep getting better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM
Thank you and they are!

Quoting sam12796: I'm sorry you're dealing with all that. I hope things keep getting better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM
Word of advice. Just comply with these stupid requests. She is going to continue to make your life miserable especially if you don't do what she wants.

I had a case worker like that years ago. We actually had to move out of state to get rid of the bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM
I will. Just seriously pissed and annoyed at her stupid report.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Word of advice. Just comply with these stupid requests. She is going to continue to make your life miserable especially if you don't do what she wants.

I had a case worker like that years ago. We actually had to move out of state to get rid of the bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM
I get it. Mine showed up on laundry day. She flipped out because of the separated laundry pikes on the floor. Saying my 2 years old son could suffocate in them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I will. Just seriously pissed and annoyed at her stupid report.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Word of advice. Just comply with these stupid requests. She is going to continue to make your life miserable especially if you don't do what she wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM
DCF is crazy. I had them in my life one time and my at the time husband was with the kids and I went to help a friend move bc I had a big truck so I get a call from dh saying she needs me home now she wants to talk to me. I was like OK so I went home for a minute and she was like ummm why aren't the kids with you? I told her their dad is with them. Their fine so was like oh but that doesn't explain anything. Anyway she was crazy she constantly said we weren't following what she said even though we did everything she even made us go to marriage counseling lol which we did. Which didn't help at all. We're now separated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:15 PM
Lol seriously? God that's stupid.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I get it. Mine showed up on laundry day. She flipped out because of the separated laundry pikes on the floor. Saying my 2 years old son could suffocate in them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I will. Just seriously pissed and annoyed at her stupid report.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:18 PM
A case worker was on your home watching you and you didn't think to not raise your voice? You should have been on best parenting behavior. So if you weren't, she thinks you likely are way worse with no witnesses.

Having a stable home is necessary for a safe childhood. Take the resources and do what they ask.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM
I explain that part. I'm aware and she doesn't give any resources.

Quoting Anonymous 4: A case worker was on your home watching you and you didn't think to not raise your voice? You should have been on best parenting behavior. So if you weren't, she thinks you likely are way worse with no witnesses.

Having a stable home is necessary for a safe childhood. Take the resources and do what they ask.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM

I'm not tyring to be a bitch or bust your balls, but why were you homeless and living in shelters for a whole year? That seems like a long time to not find a place to stay. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)