Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you for (or against) public breastfeeding.........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 250 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are your thoughts on this situation.................?

Woman breastfed without a cover and showing her full breast (baby had to latch etc)

Business Owner:  Kindly, can you please either cover up or nurse in our bathroom? It has a nursing area with a nice chair.

Woman Custome:  No, thank-you.  WOuld you want to eat your dinner in a public restroon?  If I had told you I ate oatmeal this morning on the toilet you would think that it is gross, wouldn't you?

Business Owner:  Well, I wouldn't let you eat your oatmeal here too. We have a no food rule. So make a good point, please follow our "no food" rule and ieither feed in the bathroom, leave or cover up.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on the state laws. Some allow for breastfeeding covered or not. Others you need to be covered.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Does that mean business owners cannot make a "no food" rule in their businesses?

Quoting kcangel63: Depends on the state laws. Some allow for breastfeeding covered or not. Others you need to be covered.

Bumblebutt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm in Texas, so though we do have some places with nursing stations, we dont have to use them and dont have to cover if we dont want to. I do cover every time unless I'm having trouble or I forget a blanket, which is rare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM
28 moms liked this
I get so tired of women who whip it out to show it all just to prove a point. It reaches a point where its not even for feeding the baby anymore, just doing it because "they can". Why make a big production of it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Media blast!!! And, he can call the cops...in my state, he can't tell me where I can nurse.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

in what state did this occur?

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM
7 moms liked this

no, but it does not apply to breastfeeding. a mother may breastfeed anyplace she and her baby have a legal right to be.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Does that mean business owners cannot make a "no food" rule in their businesses?

Quoting kcangel63: Depends on the state laws. Some allow for breastfeeding covered or not. Others you need to be covered.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM
12 moms liked this
I think nursing laws trump the no food rule. Otherwise a woman would have to leave her breasts outside seeing how they are food.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Meh. I breastfeed two children, publicly at times. I never covered. Didn't need to, and never had my full breast exposed, either. But I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over a boob, too. Biologically, they're not sexual. That's our society's doing. And if a child saw me breastfeeding, I'd be glad...they'd know that's what they're for.

My own daughters know what breasts are for. It doesn't bother them.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's some info.

http://breastfeedinglaw.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)