• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too much house??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:48 PM
  • 80 Replies
I maybe losing my mind.

We lived in a 700 sq ft apartment for a year.

We hated it constantly on top of each other- no room for our 3 kids.

When it was time to move I looked for a bigger house. I wanted a nice big yard. I wanted at least 3 bedrooms and a playroom.

Now that we have been here a couple of momths- I am wondering if we went too big.

It's 2 stories with 1500 sq ft. We have 4 bedrooms- 3 bathrooms. Plus a playroom area.

But cleaning it and staying on top of everything is such a gaint pain in the butt and nobody helps me do it all.

Ever feel like you have too much house?
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM
4 moms liked this

The problem is you are the only one attempting to keep up with 5 people and their messes.  

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM
I think your sounds great for your size family. I like big houses though. If anything, I would want bigger. Lol
MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That is what cleaning service are for
kss12
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM
I feel like I have too much house with 2,700 sq ft but having lived in this I don't think we could downsize a ton.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM
No. I am happy that we moved to a bigger house.
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM

1500 sq ft is very average. Not big at all. My house is 4 bedrooms and its 2061 sq ft. yours is small for 4 bedrooms rooms must be tiny. Still its double the size of your apt. I think its fine if the price is right. You have 5 people. I cant imagine why you would think of going smaller.

Keeping any place clean with kids is tough. Don't downsize just because of it. Most people would say your house is already tight for 5 people so I would not go smaller.

Maybe look on Groupon or something and hire a maid once a month to do a good cleaning that is what I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
That doesn't sound all that big. I have 4 bedrooms and 3 baths in 2100sqft.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM
I feel ya..we went for a 1500sq ft town house to a 3500sq ft house and it's been tough keeping up with it because no one helps me we have 5 people living in this house and only 1 person trying to keep everything clean.i love my house but Hate that no one will help out no matter how much I tell them they need to help me
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM
We have 3 large bedrooms and one tiny one. We use the tiny one as the "man cave".

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

1500 sq ft is very average. Not big at all. My house is 4 bedrooms and its 2061 sq ft. yours is small for 4 bedrooms rooms must be tiny. Still its double the size of your apt. I think its fine if the price is right. You have 5 people. I cant imagine why you would think of going smaller.

Keeping any place clean with kids is tough. Don't downsize just because of it. Most people would say your house is already tight for 5 people so I would not go smaller.

Maybe look on Groupon or something and hire a maid once a month to do a good cleaning that is what I do.

bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd cry if I was stuck in 1500sq ft with five people. Too small! At least 1800-2000 feet. At least!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)