Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
So my wedding is in May of 2018. I wanted to know when is it appropriate to ask someone to be a MOH/Bridesmaid or Bestman/Groomsmen?

I don't know if this makes a difference but we have been engaged for 5 years and we plan the bridal party to only be 3-4 people for each and that's including MOH and Bestman
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that's far off... I would wait till at least a year before. A lot can change in two years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Maybe a year prior? Im not sure. Here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:10 PM
Ok good. I know some people who jumped and asked. So I didn't know if I was being crazy and not asking them

Quoting CampHarris: Wow, that's far off... I would wait till at least a year before. A lot can change in two years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM

I would say a year before. A lot can change between now and May of 2018. Unless the people you are asking and absolutely life-time friends, always-knew-I-wanted-you-to-be-my-MOH kind of people, then it seems too early.

But I would give a year's notice. We plan our vacations 12-18 months in advance because of work schedules, so if someone asked me to be a MOH in 6 months I might be unavailable.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd probably wait at least another year or even 18 months.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM

Nah, I wouldn't yet.  I got engaged last July and am getting married this July.  One year flies by when you're wedding planning... but I wouldn't have asked anyone prior to one year out from it.  Too much can happen in that span of time.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok good. I know some people who jumped and asked. So I didn't know if I was being crazy and not asking them
Quoting CampHarris: Wow, that's far off... I would wait till at least a year before. A lot can change in two years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Ok. Thanks. Some people I know asked right away. And I'm glad I didn't because on of the girls I would have wanted to be in it, we aren't friends any more. But I just wanted to make sure I wasn't rushing or waiting to long to ask

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe a year prior? Im not sure. Here's a bump
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the others, a year :)
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Wow that is a long wait!
SaigeMarie
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:13 PM
Why such a long engagement
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)