Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD? Sick question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Last Tuesday (3/29) I went to the doctor because I had been sick for a few days. I had two Nagy ear infections and a sinus infection with post nasal drip. They have me antibiotics and I just finished them up.

The pain in my ears are gone, but they're still extremely clogged (I can hear myself walking, chewing, sounds like I'm under water, etc), in still spitting up green mucus, blowing nasty stuff out of my nose still. My throat is still extremely sore, and I just don't feel well at all. Would you go back to the doctor? Or should I wait? It's been almost 3 weeks I've been sick.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:13 PM
Try Advil cold and sinus. It's got a decongestant in it and that's probably what you need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:13 PM

go back..the antibiotic sounds like it didn't work

momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:14 PM

I'd call the doctor first and get them to give you some advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:15 PM
I've used an entire bottle of Tylenol cold max. it doesn't seem to be helping too much. Maybe the Advil will be different?

Quoting Roxygurl: Try Advil cold and sinus. It's got a decongestant in it and that's probably what you need.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:17 PM
It will be different.

Advil cold and Sinai contains psydoepehdrin (sp) and it can only be bought behind the counter. The psydoepehdrin will construct blood vessels thereby reducing swelling and allowing your estachian tubes to drain.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've used an entire bottle of Tylenol cold max. it doesn't seem to be helping too much. Maybe the Advil will be different?

Quoting Roxygurl: Try Advil cold and sinus. It's got a decongestant in it and that's probably what you need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:21 PM
I'll have to see if it's okay to take while breastfeeding. My almost 18mo still nurses. I think that's why I used Tylenol. Thank you for the suggestion!

Quoting Roxygurl: It will be different.

Advil cold and Sinai contains psydoepehdrin (sp) and it can only be bought behind the counter. The psydoepehdrin will construct blood vessels thereby reducing swelling and allowing your estachian tubes to drain.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've used an entire bottle of Tylenol cold max. it doesn't seem to be helping too much. Maybe the Advil will be different?

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:23 PM
I'm almost positive you can't take that while breastfeeding.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'll have to see if it's okay to take while breastfeeding. My almost 18mo still nurses. I think that's why I used Tylenol. Thank you for the suggestion!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:33 PM
Well, crap, lol

Quoting Roxygurl: I'm almost positive you can't take that while breastfeeding.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'll have to see if it's okay to take while breastfeeding. My almost 18mo still nurses. I think that's why I used Tylenol. Thank you for the suggestion!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)