• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My ex is going around saying he has a job making between $800-1000/weekly. Just gotta pay taxes at the end of the year.

But then he turns around and says to others that he needs money, needs cigs, etc.

I've already filed for cs, back in 2005. He's paid a few times (a couple months in 2007, a month in 2012). Would it be pointless to call the cs office and tell them he may have a job? Ask if they can run his ssn or something?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Is there an open case can you contact enforcement
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Is there a support order? If so, I would call.

Or he could be being shady like my ex and only be working 1099 and under the table jobs so they have a harder time being alerted to and proving his current income.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:51 PM
If he has to pay taxes at the end of the year, he may be being paid in cash or it's a contract labor position in which case he doesn't technically have an employer. You can try but I have a feeling you won't get very far. You should still push for enforcement though, it's only fair for your child. I'm sure the extra money could help out.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:52 PM
But to answer your question, yes, they can run his SSN.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:01 PM
Tea, it's an open case. It's just been adding up through the years. I think he owes da over 25 grand at this point. When I first filed, he was making $16/hr fulltime with time and a half for overtime. He quit that within a few months of them pulling out cs and hasn't had a stable job since.

Quoting MeaganP: Is there an open case can you contact enforcement
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)