Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

refrigerator

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
Purchasing a new fridge this weekend. We have an old side by side. It's fine. But I can't really fit a frozen pizza in it, or a large frozen turkey. Thinking about going counter depth. But the freezer seems too narrow. Help!

What are things you like in a fridge? What are "must have" features?
What features are overrated?
Tia ;)
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I must have my water and ice dispenser. Other than that I'm not too picky as long as it can store a lot. I'd love to try one of those fridges with the freezer on the bottom.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:01 PM

We have a side by side one now and I hate it.  It's very pretty on the outside and wasn't cheap by a long shot, but the lack of space is super annoying.  I'd much rather have one that has the bottom drawer freezer and the top dedicated just to the fridge part.

blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:02 PM
Everything, and ice maker, Frost free, lots of space, easy to organize large bottles.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:02 PM
When I was younger, my parents had one where it was a drawer freezer on the bottom and split refrigerator doors on top. We actually really liked it. If you needed more room for a turkey or whatever, you just took the top drawer out of the freezer and it fit just fine.

Now we have a stand fridge with the freezer on top and a small deep freezer. It works so I'm happy lol
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Hahaha - exactly what I just said, but I forgot the essential water and ice part.  Couldn't live without that.

Quoting Libby22: I must have my water and ice dispenser. Other than that I'm not too picky as long as it can store a lot. I'd love to try one of those fridges with the freezer on the bottom.

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
The family I nanny for has that kind and I agree... They suck. They had to cut their DQ ice cream cake into thirds to get it to fit in the freezer lol

Quoting CampHarris:

We have a side by side one now and I hate it.  It's very pretty on the outside and wasn't cheap by a long shot, but the lack of space is super annoying.  I'd much rather have one that has the bottom drawer freezer and the top dedicated just to the fridge part.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
We have one that is the freezer on the bottom. I love it. It works for us.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

They really do.  I thought I would love it when I first moved in with DF (after having an old-style one previously and his was much fancier), but they really do suck.  Especially with a family of 4-6.  I can't exactly stock up on anything, and we don't have room for a freezer in the garage.  It's on our list of things to replace ASAP because it drives me nuts.

Quoting Molz09: The family I nanny for has that kind and I agree... They suck. They had to cut their DQ ice cream cake into thirds to get it to fit in the freezer lol
Quoting CampHarris:

okeydokie
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Kinda what I'm leaning towards. I hate the side by side. No freezer space.

Quoting CampHarris:

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We have one with the freezer on the bottom and it's great. Tons of room on in the fridge and in the freezer. I can fit 2 gallons of milk side by side in each door and there are other shelves in the doors too. So much storage. I also have to have water and ice in the door too. So convenient.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)