Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ejected from a supermarket because her child was crying too loudly

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:18 PM
  • 41 Replies

A Chateauguay resident who was doing her grocery shopping at Super C was shown the door by an employee who did not appreciate the cries of her two-year-old daughter.

«She came and told me to leave, » related Taylor Sierant, mother of the little girl. « I then asked her if I could at least pay for the juice first, but she refused. I then left the juice there and I left. I will never return there ever again, » said the angry customer

At first she thought about filing a complaint, but she finally did not.

Isolated incident

When contacted by the Chateauguay Soleil, the assistant director of the Chateauguay Super C refrained from commenting. He referred us to Genevieve Gregoire, who is responsible for media relations at the head office of Metro. Gregoire at first showed surprise that such a situation had taken place. « This type of incident has rarely reached my ears, » she said at the beginning. But after confirming the facts with the assistant manager concerned, she wanted to specify that this was an isolated incident. « Our employees all receive training for the good behaviour to have, especially those who deal with customer service, » she said, adding that what took place will be a chance to remember the rules of good conduct for all employees of this Super C store.

Gregoire still deplores the fact that the customer did not lodge a complaint, because the situation denounced had not reached the ears of the Super C director before the call to the newspaper. « It's difficult to talk to the employee and to make sure that this does not happen again if the manager or the director of the store is not aware of it, » she says. She thus strongly invites customers who experience a similar situation to make a complaint, either directly at the store concerned, or at the company's head office, which has on its internet site a section for complaints (by telephone or email).

(Translation Dan Rosenburg)

http://www.cybersoleil.com/content/tc/french_sites/le-soleil-de-chateauguay/actualites/2016/4/8/ejected-from-a-supermarket-because-her-child-was-crying-too-loud.html

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lighthouse1800
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It is sad that the lady didn't make a complaint to the store and ran to the newspaper, but she must have wanted her 15 minutes of fame.

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:22 PM
5 moms liked this
It wrong they kicked her out, but, as a mother of a 2 year old, personally if my kid was throwing a fit in the store, I grab him and leave. I've left tons of stores. Nobody else needs to hear my kid whaling. Again. That's just me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:27 PM
A manager pulled me to the front of a line once when my son was crying/screaming/tantruming. I had mixed feelings. I was pissed that my son was being a brat, I was relieved and thankful to get to leave the store sooner, and I was very embarrassed. They wanted us out of there but they also still wanted my money. I still shop there all the time.
JadeHope
by Jade on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:29 PM
5 moms liked this
Honestly, if the kid is being such a nuisance that it came to this, mom should have taken the initiative to leave. There is a limit for what the general public should have to deal with coming from other kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rigby229
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Time to return with 20 moms and their babies all who have just awoken from their naps and are really hungry..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:35 PM

That was my thought. How can the store fix a problem they don't know about. There is a reason why stores and companies have a complaint number or way to reach out. 

Quoting Lighthouse1800:

It is sad that the lady didn't make a complaint to the store and ran to the newspaper, but she must have wanted her 15 minutes of fame.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM
That's what I do. Thankfully, I've only had to do it once.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: It wrong they kicked her out, but, as a mother of a 2 year old, personally if my kid was throwing a fit in the store, I grab him and leave. I've left tons of stores. Nobody else needs to hear my kid whaling. Again. That's just me
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:49 PM
This. But I'm wondering was this throwing a fit for several mins and mom didn't care of was she calm then started crying and the girl right away asked her to leave.

Quoting Lighthouse1800:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:09 PM
I also thinks it's sketchy she went to the paper without filing a complaint.

I take my kids out if they have a fit. I can't shop with them like that anyways.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

If it was going on so long that a worker felt the need to ask them to leave it was guaranteed going on way to long for her to not have left on her own in the first place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)