Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selfish parents...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
Drive me crazy. The ones who say things like " I don't want my kids still in diapers after two." Or "I make my kids cry themselves to sleep", what about what the kids need? What if your child develops special needs that keeps them from potty training ever, or if your child has anxiety and needs you to comfort them at night? People just make me sick today. I've seen too much stuff like this today. It seems like a lot of parents I know only care about making their children do what's convenient for them.
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM
It would be very convenient if my almost 3 years old would potty train. He has absolutely zero interest and I really don't want to push him yet
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM

You meet a lot of these people, do you?

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:50 PM
My daughter turns four in July and I don't expect her to be trained before five. She has autism, so that's not uncommon.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: It would be very convenient if my almost 3 years old would potty train. He has absolutely zero interest and I really don't want to push him yet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM
There is difference between a SN who can't be toilet trained vs a parent who to start the process at 2 (when most kids are ready at that age). There is nothing wrong CIO if done right. I didn't use it and had to share a bed for 4 years because they weren't "ready" to sleep on their own. It seems like a lot of parents would rather coddle and baby their kids then prepare them for the real world.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Yes, unfortunately I do. I encountered enough people today that told I coddle my kids too much or cater to them too.much because I help them. One of them is tree and has autism, and the other is a one year old. I don't consider meeting their needs coddling them.

Quoting corticosteroid:

You meet a lot of these people, do you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:52 PM
I don't think wanting a child to be potty trained by 2 as selfish.
3sweetboysnme
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM
I attempted to potty train my oldest son at 2 and it was a nightmare. He clearly wasn't ready. I then waited until he was 3(well over 3!). I think he was completely potty trained in 3 days. I'm sure people thought I was lazy but that wasn't the case. Every child is different and has different needs.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM
What does one have to do with another?

You're comparing SN's with typical children. Most people understand their child's needs and meet those needs.

I potty train at 2, period. I hate diapers and there is really wrong reason for a child to be in them after 2/3. My oldest, learning disable, was potty trained at 3, that doesn't make me selfish. That makes me determined.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM
This. Both my kids were. Even their pedi suggested I start working with them at 18 month.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't think wanting a child to be potty trained by 2 as selfish.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM
I don't think you should worry about other patrnts. Because I'm 100% sure you do some questionable things as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)