Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 boys have eyesight issues

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
My 10 and 9 yr olds.

We didn't know until now.

They have a hard time clearing one image to see the next. They have a very limited peripheral vision. They can barely read because their eyes can't track together, can't scan a page, etc.

So they got glasses. They are going to begin occupational therapy soon. And they do light therapy at night.

So yesterday my 9 yr old and I ran to the 7-11 to get frozen drinks. My son looked up. He said I've never seen stars except that one. He pointed at a satellite. I said that's a satellite honey. He said I see stars everywhere, wow its pretty.

I choked up, began to tear up. He's never seen stars. I'm so glad we figured out his issue. I wish we had found it sooner.

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Winterbaby33
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:49 PM
Bump
Winterbaby33
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM
Bump
Winterbaby33
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:49 PM
B
Winterbaby33
U
Winterbaby33
M
Winterbaby33
P
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Um.... if it is that bad why did it take so long to figure out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:51 PM
They can barely read at 9 & 10 and one of your first responses to that wasn't getting their eyes checked? My kids have their first eye exams at 4-5. Every parent I know does the same. The school also gives them eye exams.

Quoting Winterbaby33: My 10 and 9 yr olds.

We didn't know until now.

They have a hard time clearing one image to see the next. They have a very limited peripheral vision. They can barely read because their eyes can't track together, can't scan a page, etc.

So they got glasses. They are going to begin occupational therapy soon. And they do light therapy at night.

So yesterday my 9 yr old and I ran to the 7-11 to get frozen drinks. My son looked up. He said I've never seen stars except that one. He pointed at a satellite. I said that's a satellite honey. He said I see stars everywhere, wow its pretty.

I choked up, began to tear up. He's never seen stars. I'm so glad we figured out his issue. I wish we had found it sooner.

kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Wow, so exciting for them! Glad you finally have it figured out and they are going to be seeing a whole new world
Winterbaby33
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:53 PM
The other eye dr just tested for up close and far away. Neither had issues with that. And she did check for eye diseases by looking at the back of the eyes with a machine. That came back fine too. She said it's the autism.

Now a new eye dr came here and opened an office. They work with OT and check a lot more. We scheduled an appt, and found out about these issues.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Um.... if it is that bad why did it take so long to figure out?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)