Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So apparently we aren't allowed to use the common room....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I live in an apartment complex. We have a common room (pretty much a very large living room) that has drink machines, a television, a play area for children, and a few areas for adults to hang out.

There is this one woman who has 6 kids (2 small children) -- a 3 year old and a 6 month old. She brings both children to the common room so her 3 year old can play with other children while she breastfeeds her 6 month old and watches television later on in the day before she goes and gets her other 4 kids off the bus (she has 2 in elementary school and 2 in high school so this happens twice a day).

Apparently the woman who lives below me overheard this woman complaining to the complex manager in the office because she feels like people are staring at her while she is breastfeeding. She wanted the manager to allow her to use the common room alone during the two times a day so she doesn't have to go back up to the 5th floor with both kids and she will have privacy.

Do you think this is a reasonable request?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MidnightBreed
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:40 PM
Fuck no, it's not. She wants privacy, she can go to her apartment
TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:40 PM
It's a common room. Common room...for people. All people. She needs to take herself back up to her private apartment if she feels uncomfortable being around people in the public common room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck no. I think she's free tp BF in there, but not to request it to be a private area for her use only during that time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She can deal or go to her apartment. It's called a common area for a reason. If no one's complaining about her then it's her problem.
young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM
I think she needs to get over herself. Why should she be the only one to use the room?
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Hell no.  That is a COMMON AREA of the apartment building, and if she doesn't feel comfortable having other people in there while breastfeeding, she can either go in her own apartment or cover herself.  The other tenants have as much right to be in there as she does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:42 PM

No, it's not reasonable.

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:42 PM

No she is being ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:43 PM
This

Quoting young_lv_mom: I think she needs to get over herself. Why should she be the only one to use the room?
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Unreasonable request!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)