Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently I am the worst mom ever

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
My kids' middle school has a program where if they are missing any assignments through the week they have to attend Friday Study Hall after school in order to get passing credit. It is from 3:45-5 PM.

A parent has to sign off on it. Otherwise the most credit they can get is a 50.

DD didn't turn in two assignments this week. I made her go to the study hall. I didn't allow her to just them in for the 50. Even though it wouldn't have dropped her grade below a 90.

Maybe next time she will turn her stuff in.

Both were simple. One was a topic sheet on her history project. I had signed it and everything. She just didn't turn it in. The second was an essay she had already written.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:02 PM
No one else has worst mom status?
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:05 PM

lol... If they don't hate you, tell you they can't wait until they're 18 so they can move out or tell you you're the worst parent ever...you're probably not doing your job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Agreed.
That has got to be really frustrating for you, OP. What's the point of not handing in work you already spent the time to do?! It's the stupid (no offense) decisions kids make just like this that really annoy me.

Quoting handy0318:

lol... If they don't hate you, tell you they can't wait until they're 18 so they can move out or tell you you're the worst parent ever...you're probably not doing your job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:17 PM

all these children who fail in school yet pull honor roll.

its amazing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:21 PM
My first grader told me I was lazy because i don't make his lunch. I have him buy. He's a bad eater. I figure the variety of school lunch was making him expand his horizons. He's our only kid in school so it isn't expensive. And...now I'm worst mom because I took his ds and Pokemon for calling me lazy.
sasssy.potato
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2016 at 9:41 AM
She isn't failing. She didn't turn in two assignments. She normally turns all her work in.

She also does great on her tests.

Now. After having to sit and do basically nothing instead of what she wanted to do for over an hour I bet she doesn't skip turning in work again.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

all these children who fail in school yet pull honor roll.

its amazing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2016 at 9:48 AM

My DD did the same thing in 6th grade.  It drove me batty, unfortunately, the school she attended was not at all interested in helping struggling students.  Which is why we ended up transferring her to a different school.  I went to parent-teacher conferences at least 3 times, and each time the teachers just sat across from me and shrugged their shoulders.  My DD went from an A student to barely passing, and I couldn't get any sort of input from the teachers.  And when I would ask questions to figure out what I could do to help DD, they would respond with "this was all discussed at the beginning of the year".  

For a while I thought I was failing as a parent.  But over the years, I have heard almost identical frustrations from other parents.  In fact 2 of my neighbors have done the exact same thing I did and transferred their kids to a different school as well.

DD is once again an A student in high school and doing wonderfully.    

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 9, 2016 at 9:55 AM
I would have done the same
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)