Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you send your kids to preschool? You aren't gonna like my opinion . . .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 318 Replies
3 moms liked this

I never sent any of my four kids to preschool.  (The youngest is 13 now.) 

I always thought it was pretty much like daycare . . . and I was lucky that I never had to send my kids to daycare, either.

I totally GET that moms need a break, but don't deceive yourselves into believing that preschool is essential for kids . . . it's NOT.  It's really just childcare.  Preschool is for MOMS, primarily, not kids. 

You can teach your own child everything they need to know before kindergarten . . . at home. The preschool years are so short.  Why send your kids away? 

Preschool is NOT school.  Just . . . so you know.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Because he asked to go. His friends were there and he wanted to go too.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:04 PM
19 moms liked this
Its a good thing I dont give a rats ass about your opinion :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:06 PM
20 moms liked this
Be honest, your broke ass couldn't afford it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:06 PM

I agree it is much like daycare. But I love that DS is ready for first and could skip kinder if he wanted, while DD, who started in kinder, is just now handling her 1st grade work. But with DD I think it had more to do with her just flat out not being ready for school. Had we been willing to move to a different school district she could have started prek instead of K, but it wasn't feasible at the time. She didnt turn 5 until a month after she started K.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, my dd needed help in the social dept.
my ds1 will start next fall but his is for speech delays, I can't help him with.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
DS went two half days a week at 3yo and for us it was a matter of socialization. Two 4 hour days spent getting comfy in a learning environment was a great experience for him

As for 4k, it was a part of a private school that goes through 8th grade and it had a curriculum. It was very much a school environment 5 half days a week.
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't send my kids to pre-k or kindergarten because I believe that sending kids school so early can be detrimental to their development. We send our kids when they are ready. DD that was 1st grade and DS that was 2nd grade.

DS is going into 6th grade and DD is going into 5th.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Ds never went and we dont plan on putting him in school until he is 6. We do things at home, and he plays with other kids at the park. I am thinking about putting him in some kind of day camp. Schools are germy and i think he will need to be exposed so hes not out sick the first year.

Carmel63
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Do you really think anyone cares about your opinion?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:08 PM
With my oldest I did because she would be starting Kinder a few days after her 5th bday, so I felt like she needed it because she'd be really young.

With my youngest, I didn't, she'll be 5yo and 7 mo when she starts Kinder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)