Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you do this for your DH/SO? Edit.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Say your DH/SO was applying for a job somewhere and you realized you knew the hiring manager through your own job, would you put in a good word for your DH/SO?

I did this earlier and when I told my SO, he was really upset. He asked me why I did that and I said it's just networking. He still seemed kind of offended. Now I know not to do that kind of thing for him :-/ Damn I thought I was just putting in a good word for him since he's been unemployed for a few months due to a layoff from his last job where he was for 10 years.

Edit:

The hiring manager and I work at different finance offices. The loan companies here network between each other all the time. That's how I got my job. She came into my office and after we discussed business, I mentioned that my SO applied at her location and recommended him. That was it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:11 PM
No I wouldnt. Unless I was asked.
Oliviasmom72
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

If I was on good terms with the other person yes I would tell him about my DH.

Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:13 PM
DH is a weapons tester. I don't know anyone in that field so that would NEVER come up. But if it did and he asked I would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:17 PM
No my husband likes go get jobs on his own merit. Seems your husband is the same way.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Say your DH/SO was applying for a job somewhere and you realized you knew the hiring manager through your own job, would you put in a good word for your DH/SO?

I did this earlier and when I told my SO, he was really upset. He asked me why I did that and I said it's just networking. He still seemed kind of offended. Now I know not to do that kind of thing for him :-/ Damn I thought I was just putting in a good word for him since he's been unemployed for a few months due to a layoff from his last job where he was for 10 years.
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM
LOL. Yes. My DH wants to Tech in the ED I am working in while he is in school next year. You bet I'm going to talk him up to my manager!
jamamama00
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:20 PM
I would never contact anyone regarding a work matter without my husbands consent. Weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Damn how do I get in on THAT?

Quoting Anonymous 2: DH is a weapons tester. I don't know anyone in that field so that would NEVER come up. But if it did and he asked I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

he probably wanted to know he earned the job based on his own merits..

FYI - men are kinda proud that way,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM
He's former military. That's how he got his job. To be honest he loves every second of his job. He comes home and talks about his day like he was playing with toys. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Damn how do I get in on THAT?

Quoting Anonymous 2: DH is a weapons tester. I don't know anyone in that field so that would NEVER come up. But if it did and he asked I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)