Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you a bit of a control freak?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Iam...lol. :)
My dh is taking ds to the drs and I basically had to coach him on what to ask and talk about. I trust dh completely but what's important to me isn't necessarily always important to him. My son is failure to thrive so yeah I'm a little controlling and it sucks I can't be there. I know dh will do fine. Do you all do this too?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonnyswoman75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:26 PM
I'm a very relaxed person. I don't like to be strict and in control of everything.
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:29 PM
Yes I am but it isn't obnoxious control freak just that I grew up the one who did everything and then I was the SAHM and took care of everything so it is just what our relationship is like and I'm okay with it.
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:29 PM
I usually take them. Dh took them once and they were already teens. Ds doesn't know how to advocate for himself. It kind of bothered me that he told the doc no to something and doc said well I can because I'm a doctor. It wasn't vital. I would have pitched a fit. Dr said no and the doc shouldn't have proceeded. Dh didn't say anything. D's has had very bad experiences at hospital's and with doctors. It took him years to be able to see a doc without having a meltdown. He is on the spectrum so it matters.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM
No
I am a TOTAL CONTROL person. Although I am much better now, than I was years ago. I am more relaxed about certain things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM

I have come to the conclusion that everyone has some one thing they HAVE to control. Of course, there are control freaks who have to control everything.

SO meticulously folds his laundry "just so". He takes forever buying socks because they have to match his pants AND his shoes "just so"... but he doesn't worry about keeping the kitchen (or his truck) spotless.. or keeping the bedroom floor from becoming  a disaster.

Me.. it's my finances. I stay on top of every penny.

to each their own.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:31 PM

im calm and relaxed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Yes I'm a control freak but I know how much it bugs my dh so I've learned to bite my tongue the very best I can. Over the years it's helped me to relax tons and made life more enjoyable.

PeppermintyTea
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:33 PM
Only about cooking. I can't watch other people cook, and I have to mentally prepare myself if my kids want to help cook... I am easy going about most things I just am very bothered if I see someone cooking in a way I don't think is "right".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:36 PM
I'm controlling lol. I like to plan things out and stick to the schedule. When things deviate, I get overwhelmed and grumpy.
I hate just going with the flow, its uncomfortable and not fun.
ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:38 PM
Yes in fact if I were you I would have sent a list of questions to ask
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)