Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I report my ex bff's boyfriend, he's a sex offender and she has kids

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:15 PM
  • 37 Replies

I don't know what to do. To me it's not a question but somehow I feel like it will come back on me. We both have known each other for 6 years and know a lot about each other, and sad to say not all good things. She met this guy right after her divorce and he's been her life, he's all she cares about. She dropped me as a friend because for the first 3 months they went out he treated her like garbage..I never met him but when they started getting along and now he treats her right she couldn't understand why I didn't want to meet him and so she dropped me like a rock.

Well during the time he was acting like an ass he had told her he was registered as a sex offender. He was with an underage girl and had his hand down "there" and got a little rough. Her parents had to take her in to get checked out and they pressed charges. I DO NOT believe that because when she tells me about the sex they have she tells me how rough it is. She loves it but makes me wonder ya know?  

Now they have been together for a year and she just moved into a new house. I know he is staying with her, Atleast half the time. She has two boys, 9 and 13. I don't know if he is into boys, I don't know anything about this guy except mostly that. I would not bring someone with a past like that into my home with my kids!!!! 

I do know by doing research that some people do not have to register???  I want to call and make sure he is. Because he did move around a lot before settling in somewhere and I completely remember her telling me while her house was being built that she pictured him and her and the kids living there. I just got on line and saw they are in business together.  I want to call but like I said, we have stuff on each other and if she knew it was me she could retailiate and let me just say I am trying to mend my marriage. Any thoughts Please!!! I am worried about those kids, I have watched them grow up. Thank you ladies.

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelee1
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:18 PM

IMHO, the safety of kids should always come first.  Report and if there's nothing to it, fine.  But, if he does something to the kids, you could have helped prevent it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Make an anonymous report. You wouldn't forgive yourself if something happened to them. (Hell, I wouldn't forgive you, and I'm a damn stranger)

marmie41
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM
Have you tried searching his name on the offender registry?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM
How is this even a question?
The childrens safety should always come first over everything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not automatically illegal to be around kids. My bf is an offender and lives with me and my kids
ki19
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:25 PM
Report it. It shouldn't even be a question.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:25 PM
You can make an anonymous report.
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Why would you let a sex offender live with your children?

Quoting Anonymous 3: It's not automatically illegal to be around kids. My bf is an offender and lives with me and my kids
Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Awesome parenting.

Quoting Anonymous 3: It's not automatically illegal to be around kids. My bf is an offender and lives with me and my kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Do an online search for offenders and see if he's there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)