Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My deadbeat ex...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Is suing me for sole custody.

He has seen our 3yo ONCE, for less than 20 minutes when she was 8 months old, has never paid a dine in CS, didn't even pay the DNA test, I did. I had to to get medical information doctors needed to care for DD.

I offered to let him see her when we were near his home a month ago and got served with paperwork this week.

Apparently he is alleging that because DF and I both work and I go to school that we don't have time to provide adequate care.

Who the fuck does the worthless bastard think he is? I'm going to ream his ass in court. We've been caring for her perfectly fine all along.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:29 PM
Ask your school for legal aid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You should get him on abandonment charges and have his rights revoked. Also make sure you go for back child support. Good luck !
ki19
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:30 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. The lack of CS, especially if CO will majorly work against him as will lack of contact on his part. I'm petty enough to cross petition for termination of his rights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:31 PM
I have a lawyer on retainer. I'm just pissed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ask your school for legal aid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:32 PM
That'd what we've been intending to do as soon as DF and I get married. He was going to adopt her.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You should get him on abandonment charges and have his rights revoked. Also make sure you go for back child support. Good luck !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM
Don't be. Maybe when he loses he'll be out of your life forever.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have a lawyer on retainer. I'm just pissed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:34 PM
It's CO, the visitation is supervised at my discretion for two months, unsupervised day visits for 4 months, and then he can take overnights to give her time to get to know him, all he had to do was ask.

DF and I are getting married in June and have been planning to have him adopt her.

Quoting ki19: I wouldn't worry too much. The lack of CS, especially if CO will majorly work against him as will lack of contact on his part. I'm petty enough to cross petition for termination of his rights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:35 PM
I hope so. DF wants to adopt DD. He's been her dad all along.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Don't be. Maybe when he loses he'll be out of your life forever.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have a lawyer on retainer. I'm just pissed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:38 PM
BD had someone make threats to me that he's filing for custody. I laughed and filed to have his rights terminated. We get the court date next week. My lawyer has won termination cases with less evidence than mine.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM
Id be pissed too. Good luck! I'm pretty annoyed with my exact the moment. He's behind in support , doesn't pay what he's supposed but Can go out and buy a 20,000 dollar car and a camper. I've got pictures and am documenting things for when we go back to court eventually.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)