Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My eye is literally twitching so hard right now !!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Last time I let her watch my child in my home while I'm away, mother dear has worked my last nerve today, my mother came over for dinner and after dinner I had to take my oldest over to a friends house for a sleepover, I asked my mother to watch the youngest for me he's in the process of potty training so I asked her to keep a close eye on signs just incase he doesn't ask for the potty.

So I leave and ended up talking to my oldest friends mom longer than expected, half an hour or maybe less I believe but it wasn't too long.

I get back home and ask how everything was and she said good, my youngest even went number 2 in the potty YAY!!! So we said our goodbyes, I had to use the bathroom so I walked in and see that his potty bowl had shit mark on it I go to check my youngest butt and see he has been clean of poop there so I take the bowl and walk to the kitchen to get a Clorox wipe and clean it and then that's when I saw a full kids bowl of spaghetti in the sink I was so confused !

I call up my mom and ask her why the bowl full of food is in the sink she said "oh he said he was hungry just turns out he wanted a snack not more spaghetti" then I asked about the poop and she said "oh it was making me gag" ok........so you had the will power to clean his butt but not a quick wipe for the bowl?

I really shouldn't be a surprise as a kid she always used the sink as a garbage even if a garbage was right next to her and I was always left/forced to clean it up. Today's just been stressful and this was just the lay straw for me rant over..

ETA: for those who are acting like I'm cutting her out of my life please calm down it's not abnormal to get upset with your mom
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:51 PM

You guys don't have a garbage disposal?

And really, while it'd be NICE if she cleaned the potty stool after your child used it, ultimately I'd just be glad she was willing to wipe her grandchild's bum and pick my battles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM

I think potty bowls are gross. I put seats on toilet and gave them a stool. Garbage disposal or scrap the bowl in the trash. Boom fixed. Nothing to spazz about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:57 PM
The fact is she could have done it but decided to leave a mess instead

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I think potty bowls are gross. I put seats on toilet and gave them a stool. Garbage disposal or scrap the bowl in the trash. Boom fixed. Nothing to spazz about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM
It's broken and ironically she was the cause of it lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

You guys don't have a garbage disposal?

And really, while it'd be NICE if she cleaned the potty stool after your child used it, ultimately I'd just be glad she was willing to wipe her grandchild's bum and pick my battles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
No I think the fact is she watched your kid and you should let the little trivial bs go. Or stay mad Lol no skin off my back

Quoting Anonymous 1: The fact is she could have done it but decided to leave a mess instead

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:59 PM
Yeah... calm down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:02 PM
How much did you pay her for watching your kids?

Quoting Anonymous 1: The fact is she could have done it but decided to leave a mess instead

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:02 PM
So after a stressful day and coming to see a mess has been left behind by a grown women isn't worth getting upset about?

Wow you must be happy go lucky 24/7 probably bubbly at funerals too?

Quoting Anonymous 2: No I think the fact is she watched your kid and you should let the little trivial bs go. Or stay mad Lol no skin off my back

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM
Im suppose to pay someone who came over to have dinner with us and watch her grandchild for half an hour or less which wasn't even planned at all

Quoting Anonymous 3: How much did you pay her for watching your kids?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM
I try to remain positive. I used to be a firecracker then I realized anger solves nothing and being happy is what I can control not other ppls actions

Quoting Anonymous 1: So after a stressful day and coming to see a mess has been left behind by a grown women isn't worth getting upset about?

Wow you must be happy go lucky 24/7 probably bubbly at funerals too?

Quoting Anonymous 2: No I think the fact is she watched your kid and you should let the little trivial bs go. Or stay mad Lol no skin off my back

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)